Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
171 of 190

Jennifer D wrote:

Is profile verification required for Top Rated freelancers now? 

Yes. And it seems that random verifications on already verified accounts are being performed in order to fight against the reselling of accounts.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
172 of 190

Hi Jennifer, 

This Identity Verification for the ID Verification Badge is optional. I think what your freelancer received was a request to do a quick video-chat verification which is slowly being rolled out to all users of Upwork. Your freelancer can initiate the chat verification, or reply to the notification he received through his email, and let the team know that he has no access to a web cam. The team will give further instructions on how he can complete his verification.

Just the same, I will go ahead and follow up your ticket with the team so that they can get back to you the soonest. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
173 of 190

Avery O wrote:

Hi Jennifer, 

This Identity Verification for the ID Verification Badge is optional. I think what your freelancer received was a request to do a quick video-chat verification which is slowly being rolled out to all users of Upwork. Your freelancer can initiate the chat verification, or reply to the notification he received through his email, and let the team know that he has no access to a web cam. The team will give further instructions on how he can complete his verification.

Just the same, I will go ahead and follow up your ticket with the team so that they can get back to you the soonest. 

Hi Avery,

Thank you for the information. The reply I've received from Upwork to my ticket so far is that my freelancer must complete the video verification and that there are no alternatives available for him at this time? Can you please follow that up for me to ensure he has an alternative method available.

174 of 190

Hi Jennifer, 

I would like to clarify my response. Even without a webcam, the user should be able to proceed with a video verification by using a smart phone with a camera, or a tablet. He can initiate the chat through his laptop/desktop computer, informing the agent that he doesn't have a webcam. The agent should be able to give steps on how they can proceed with a verification through a smart phone. 

I hope this clarifies this issue, Jennifer. Let me know if I can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Igor Regis M Member Since: May 14, 2019
175 of 190

Hello,

I have heard from my friends that i can get identity verification badge in some way but i couldn't find out the way to get it. Please help me.

Thanks,

Igor

176 of 190

Hi Igor, 

At this time, only invited freelancers will become eligible to earn the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, we will notify you upon login.

You may read more about the Identity Verification Badge in this help article for more information. Let me know if you have other questions about the badge.

-Avery
Untitled
Tofayel A Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
177 of 190

I need my account on verification badge

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
178 of 190

Hi Tofayel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. At this time, only invited freelancers will become eligible to earn the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future.

When you become eligible, we will notify you upon login.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
179 of 190

I already have the badge... Why the message: "Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

Robot Mad

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
180 of 190

Hi Olga,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you. I`ve escalated this to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS