cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

buildavision
Muhammad F Member Since: Apr 13, 2021
661 of 675

Greetings! everyone I have heard that you need to be verified on video by upwork's team before actively working as a freelancer. But how?

How to apply for that ? or They will randomly select me to verify? 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
662 of 675

Hi Muhammad,

It seems like you are referring to the ID-verified badge. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

-Joanne
Untitled
nedimsedicc
Nedim S Member Since: Apr 15, 2021
663 of 675

Hi, I have a question. If I don't do my identity verification in next 7 days and my account goes on hold, can I idenfity it anytime after that or I can do it only in next 7 days?

Thanks.

tinker_bell3
664 of 675

Hi Nedim,

If you are not able to verify your account on the deadline specified, your account will be placed on hold. The hold will not affect any active contracts you have. You can still work, but you will need to complete the verification process before getting paid or applying for new work. 

-Joanne
Untitled
jyotigadhave
Jyoti G Member Since: Apr 16, 2021
665 of 675

I have open upwork on 14th April 2021. It's been three days I haven't received mail regarding verfication.
Is this initial veification? and when will I receive verification badge? Can I start working on upwork now?
Waiting for positive response Smiley Happy

tinker_bell3
666 of 675

Hi Jyoti,

It seems like you are referring to the ID-verified badge. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

-Joanne
Untitled
jyotigadhave
Jyoti G Member Since: Apr 16, 2021
667 of 675

Hello Moderator,

Can I start working on upwork now? I'm eligible for work on projects also if I will get projects can I withdraw my payment?
I haven't receive any verification or ID verification mail from upwork yet.
Thank you from newbie Smiley Happy 

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
668 of 675

Hi Jyoti,

I can confirm that you should be able to start working and submitting proposals. I can also see that you've already added a payment method to your account so you can withdraw your earnings whenever they become available, either by setting an Automatic Payment Schedule or by going to Settings> Get Paid and clicking on the "Get Paid Now" button. 

Regarding the verification, I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete it at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
bui_dang-long
Long B Member Since: Apr 15, 2021
669 of 675

Hello,

I want to verify my account for future project on Upwork. But i haven't found anything or got noitification about verification account. Please tell me how to verify my account. Thank you.

tinker_bell3
670 of 675

Hi Long,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS