cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Walid R Member Since: Feb 13, 2019
61 of 258

Martina,

Yeasir is absolutely right. It may not be important to you.

But freelancers like us, this is worthy.

Ace Contributor
Amrin S Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
62 of 258

Hey Martina P,

**Edited for community guidelines**

There are lots of freelancers who earn their livelihood through Upwork and anything that makes their Upwork profile look great, simply improves their lives. 

And yes, this badge will improve my life.

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
63 of 258
Very well said, Amrin.
**Edited for community guidelines**
It's our life.
And Martina,
Forgot to tell you, "the badge will certainly improve my life."
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
64 of 258

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

I would just like to ask you to keep the conversation professional and avoid personal attacks. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
65 of 258

Martina P wrote:

What's the big deal? How do you expect the badge to improve your life?

I'm actually pretty well irked about this. The badge itself is nonsense. But the way they are rolling it out is creating false and baseless differentiation among TR FLs that could wind up costing someone a lucrative opportunity, for no good reason. I can't see any possible excuse for it, nor any business case for doing something that's clearly disruptive, even on a small (or non-detectable) scale. I have to assume it's more madcap fun with algorithms, taking UW further away from supporting the transactions and interactions that are the true foundation of profitable contracting (for clients and FLs) and farther into the realm of "let's see what happens when we do this". Sometimes, it feels like a flock of toddlers has locked themselves in the control room with a case of juice boxes and a bushel of cheerios. They're not coming out any time soon.

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
66 of 258
Phyllis,
Today, one client didn’t hire only because she felt more comfortable hiring someone having the Verified badge. She felt more secure to hire him.
She had no doubt of mine expertise but the badge become a issue.
A freelancer with the badge got the job, though he have only worked on 13 jobs and 2k income.
And me didn’t got it, who have done 105 jobs 30k+ income.
Why? Because, I don't have the badge!

And so, ID Verified badge has become an important issue, that's why I posted here.
And freelancers like me are raising their voices, shouting over here.

"We don't want to be deprived"
Rajinder S Member Since: Jan 30, 2019
67 of 258

Dear Upwork Team,
My Self Rajinder singh,I am facing a problem regarding id Verification , my profile are showing Successfully verified my ID,But i am not submit any proposal for job ,please check my profile and solw my problem . i am many thanks for you .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
68 of 258

Hi Rajinder,

Please refer to the details our team has shared with you on your ticket with number 25299383. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
69 of 258

Hi Md Tanvir,

You will receive a notification if you are eligible for the ID Verification Badge. For more information, please check out this announcement and this help article, thank you! 

-Joanne
Untitled
Md Tanvir F Member Since: May 19, 2016
70 of 258

Hi,

I saw few freelancers getting the verified badge, but don't know how to get it.

can anybody tell me about this?