cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

kopibean
Kathleen D Member Since: Jun 8, 2021
691 of 703

I'm a Philippine resident. Is a barangay clearance considered a valid ID? It contains the details included in other government-issued IDs. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
692 of 703

Hi Kathleen,

Barangay clearance is not acceptable as a valid ID. Here are the list of acceptable IDs:

-Passport
-Driving License
-Electoral/Voter IDs
-NBI Clearance
-TIN / Internal Revenue IDs
-Postal
-Unified Multi-Purpose ID
-Social Security ID
-Professional Regulation Commission ID

~ Joanne
Upwork
champianimator
Omar L Member Since: Jun 7, 2021
693 of 703

i made my profile and im rising talent but i dont know how to send my id or when i would get an interview so i can verify my account, am I doing something grong?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
694 of 703

You are not doing anything wrong.

Upwork will ask you to do identify verification procedures after you begin earning money.

wizardsnwebdevs
Wesley L Member Since: Jun 9, 2021
695 of 703

Hi all,

I have a potential client asking me to work with Upwork to have my profile verified. From what I can see, the only way to do this is through a link provided by Upwork. How can i have this sent to me?

tinker_bell3
696 of 703

Hi Wesley,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

Users that are not yet required to participate cannot earn the badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork
addy336
Aditya A Member Since: Jun 10, 2021
697 of 703
Hi,
You guys sent me an email to verify my identity. But as soon as I click the button to start to verify my identity, the system gives me a message that you can't verify identity and I should contact you. Can you help me here ?
tinker_bell3
698 of 703

Hi Aditya,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ec3c6c2
Josue S Member Since: Jun 10, 2021
699 of 703

Hi, I wasn't able to verify my identity within 7 days so my account is on hold. I'm about to upload my ID but it's giving me an error now and the Get started Button is Grayed out. Any suggestion on how can I re-active my account and lift the hold? Thank you!

tinker_bell3
700 of 703

Hi Josue,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS