Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
91 of 280

Catherine M wrote:

Hi Valeria,

Unless Upwork makes it possible for me to show the front AND back of my ID card, I will never be verified. Is there a fix in progress for this? 

Have you tried making a file with a photocopy of the front and the of the back? That's how I solve the problem when I need to show both sides of my ID card.

Community Guru
92 of 280

Valeria K wrote:

Sorry to hear verifying your identity was such a hassle for you, Luce. I'm glad you were able to complete the process and get the badge though. I've merged your post to this announcement thread and will share your feedback with the team.

The process does consist of two parts, the ID verification and a short video call (for which a web-camera is required.)

Screenshot_2.png

Hi Valeria, I always like getting a message from you.

Yes, all's well that ends well - the nightmare is over!

What surprises me most is that I had a Skype interview with a client once, on the same computer. She must have pretended that she could see me. That's why I didn't think using my computer for the video call would be a problem. I'm not very logical, I guess I just trust in magic ....

Alessio C Member Since: Jun 5, 2018
93 of 280

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing some problems with the Identity Verification Badge. As far as I'm concerned, the process consists of two steps: 

1) Add your ID
2) Initiate a video call 

At the first step, I've uploaded my Italian ID card - but the system didn't accept it (probably because Italian ID cards are different from other countries). However, I've uploaded my Passport and it accepted it.

Afterwards, I was meant to hop on a call with an UpWork rep and confirm my identity during the call. I was waiting for it in the queue, and all of a sudden it redirected me to the home page.

From then on, I can neither upload my documents again nor initiate a call. It says: 

We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later. 
Learn more

You’ll need to verify your ID before you can initiate a video call.

Learn more

I've tried to talk to the support bot, but it says I'll get an email that never goes through. 

Anybody experiencing the same problem? Help? Smiley Happy 

Best,
Alessio

P.S. I'll take this opportunity to thank you all, I found many interesting solutions in this Community - really appreciate your work.

Community Guru
94 of 280

Alessio, yesterday I was in trouble and contacted Customer Support, they were very helpful. Good luck.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
95 of 280

Hi Alessio,

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no option for you to initiate the verification process again. However, we are actively working on a way to do that and will message freelancers like you once you are able to re-attempt the verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Alessio C Member Since: Jun 5, 2018
96 of 280

Got it - Thanks Valeria.

Do you know approximately how long it's going to take?

Ace Contributor
Joseph O Member Since: Feb 4, 2009
97 of 280
I got this message at the top of my Upwork page, "Earn an Identity Verified badge to make your profile more trustworthy – available to Top Rated freelancers now." I immediately went on and took a picture of my government issued ID and uploaded to where Upwork said to submit it, and a popup immediately said that they would verify it, but it's been almost 3 to 4 days and I haven't heard from them. 

Now, when I click on the link, it says, "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later." 

So what would I do now? If anybody can answer this, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you. 
Community Guru
Cray H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
98 of 280

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately, we are still working on the process that will allow users to re-submit their IDs for verification. We'll let you know once that's available. We appreciate your patience. 

- Mary
Untitled
Community Leader
Fabio D Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
99 of 280

I did this several times along the years, once or twice with video call included (I think twice, but one time for sure, with a guy with long beard). Can't you simply add that automatically from my profile history? Or did it disappear?

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
100 of 280

It literally took 10 minutes max from the moment I discovered the banner inviting me to start the verification process to the badge appearing on my profile.

I uploaded my ID just once, seconds later clicked on the link to open the chat, talked to a rep on camera for 1 minute and that was it. Seamless. No hassle at all.

For once, I've got nothing to complain about. Feels rather weird ;D

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS