cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Mohamed N Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
111 of 258
Hello, 

i need to verify my account with my government ID. How can i do that?

i have read the requirements and my government ID meets all that requirements, but i need someone from upwork customer service to help me with that.

thanks!
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
112 of 258

Hi Mohamed,

Please do follow up guidelines shared in this help article, and submit required documents. Once you do, you should meet with our agent for a quick video call. 

If our team need any additional information from you, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further through this process.

I hope this helped.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Simona A Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
113 of 258

Hello,
I took picture of my ID card and i uploaded it.
Next step is video identification.. There was action link on my profile but now  it is gone, also there is no email from upwork with link in my inbox.
I want to make video identification to verify my profile.

Thanks,

Simona

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
114 of 258

Hi Simona,

To complete the second step for your Identity badge please go to Settings > Identity verification > Click on the green button and you will start your video verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Simona A Member Since: Apr 23, 2019
115 of 258

I did it but it takes me to chat with upwork bot Smiley Happy I had "action required" on my profile but it disappeared. Can i open a ticket or something? Smiley Happy

Thank you

116 of 258

Hi Simona,

I checked your account and I can see that you have opened a ticket for this as well. One of our team members will assist you further directly on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
Marija B Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
117 of 258

Hello,

Recently I got the "Earn an Identity Verified badge to make your profile more trustworthy – available to Top Rated freelancers now. Get started." message. I added my ID and it was successfully verified. However, when I click the "Start Chat" button, it takes me to the help page and nothing happens. I didn't get an email with the chat link or anything.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
118 of 258

Hi Marija,

When you become eligible, you will be notified to proceed with the video verification process. We are slowly rolling it out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months. For more information, check this announcement. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Md S Member Since: May 15, 2019
119 of 258

After opening my account, I'm not finding the Verify Now option. How can I do the Identity verification? It sometimes says 'Unfortunately you are not eligible to verify'. How do I solve this problem?

120 of 258

Hi Md,

If you are eligible, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with our team for a short video call. Thank you.

Untitled