cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
201 of 262

Hi Majeed,

I checked this for you and wasn't able to replicate the issue you're experiencing.  May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Make sure to check a tick box on the bottom of that pop-up window. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mohamad M Member Since: May 25, 2019
202 of 262

Hello,

Like two months ago, I was video called by an upwork employee to verify my identity. I showed my ID card and everything went well according to my knowledge.

I didn't still receive a badge that verifies my account, can I know if it shall that much time ?

Regards

203 of 262

Hi Mohamad,

It looks like you were asked to verify your identity by completing video verification and you have successfully done so. At times we require our users to verify their identity in order to access or continue to access the Upwork marketplace. We do this because it is a critical part of maintaining a trusted online global workplace and keeping Upwork safe and fraud-free. 

This is, however, different from the ID verification badge that your account is not eligible for yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Fernando M Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
204 of 262

Hello! I can't verify my account because my passport is expired and I don't have an ID and License.

What I have for now is a National Certificate with all my information, passport and ID number from the embassy of Venezuela stamped and legalized.

Now I'm in the migration process and it could be late between 3 or 5 months and I really need to verify my account because I just fond a contract, I hope you can help me please, Thank you very much.

205 of 262

Hi Fernando, 

If you're submitting your documents for the Identity Verification Badge, please do follow up guidelines shared in this help article, and submit required documents providing a valid government-issued ID.

Feel free to upload your National Certificate. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sally N Member Since: Jul 25, 2019
206 of 262
The bot is worse than useless.
My browser is current. I have tried this on iPhone and laptop and it doesn’t work. I click Start Chat and am whisked to the same old help page with no explanation.
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
207 of 262

When did the video verification, it took a minute or two, but then a chat loaded with my webcam.

Don't remember the specific steps, the experience sounds similiar to mine. I had thought you had to schedule a time, blah, blah, but I just clicked on the link..and it was done in like 3 minutes.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
208 of 262

Hi Sally, 

I wanted to check if the issue persists if you clear your cookies, or use a different browser? Let me know so that I can investigate it further.

-Avery
Untitled
Richard S Member Since: Jul 28, 2019
209 of 262

Hi. I received an email saying that my account has been successfully verified. Does this mean I have the verified badge on my profile?

Ace Contributor
Jerónimo Oscar A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
210 of 262

It should be, I'm adding a comment here as well in case a Moderator sees it because I've verified my account through video call a long time ago and never gotten the verified badge, also, I don't seem to find any way to upload a Government ID, it seems like the option has been taken out during some UI update.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS