cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
241 of 270

Hi Abdallah,

You can upload any national ID you have at the moment and our team will review it. To learn more about our accepted documents check out this Help Article. If additional verifications are needed our team will reach out to you via ticket with more details, thank you.

Untitled
Abdallah S Member Since: Jul 5, 2019
242 of 270

Just to clarify the issue this is what appaers to me in the options so I just upload the national ID as passport and the support team will review it ?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
243 of 270

Hi Abdallah,

The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. Unfortunately in your case, you will need to upload a visa or your passport as it is listed on the form on your end. Thank you.

Untitled
Maria Concepcion G Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
244 of 270

I'm done with the video call verification and I have my badge already but the message still on my dashboard.

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
245 of 270

Hi Maria, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are yet to complete your video verification call. Kindly access the video verification link on Ticket# 26197596 to complete the second step of the verification process. 

-Avery
Untitled
Briza M Member Since: Aug 12, 2019
246 of 270

I had this message in my account: 'Have a quick video call with Upwork Support so we can verify you’re really you. Learn more.' 

When I click on learn more, it takes me to the instructions to make the videocall But I don't know where to actually initiate the call.
Is there a link which I can just click and initiate it? it says: 

• Click on the link in the Action required message shown on your account, or the email entitled Action Required: Please Verify Your Identity."

But there is no such message when I enter in my account. The only message I get is: ''have a quick videocall with upwork...'' so it's a loop.

I don't know if I explained it well. I just need to make the videocall verification and I don't know how.

Thanks in advance.

247 of 270

Hi Briza, 

When you click on the link, you should be redirected to your Upwork Support page, where a chat window pops up on the lower right hand corner of the screen. I wanted to check if you have any pop-up or ad bocker that may be preventing the chat window from automatically showing on your browser? 

-Avery
Untitled
Anzhelika K Member Since: Aug 8, 2019
248 of 270
Hello! I can’t verify my identity. I have already initiated a verification call, but it is required again. How can I solve this problem? Thanks!
249 of 270

Hi Anzhelika, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to complete the verification for the Identity Verified Badge already. If you need further assistance, let us know and our team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Andrey K Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
250 of 270

Guys, I have been bombarded with ID verification requirements in the last few weeks. 

The matter was in the fact that I had been a lucky user of the beta version of the process. 

Fast forward back to April - I managed to verify my government ID, but the video call thing didn't work. I opened a ticket and shared my experience here, somehow it got resolved in a way that the system stopped asking me to verify my ID. 

Back to today. This is how it looks now (see below), if I click 'Start Chat' I'm taken to a generic screen with no buttons except the ones to that send feedback form or connect with a support bot at this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=badge-verificationID Verification.png

Any suggestions on how I can address this?