Highlighted
Min C Member Since: Feb 16, 2020
281 of 293

It makes sense. 

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
Jill C Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
282 of 293

I received an email requiring me to obtain an Identity Verified badge. Unfortunately, my passport is currently being renewed and will not be available until 2 months. Other types of ID's were not accepted. I have a photo ID that should comply with all the requirements, but it was not accepted either.

According to the email, my account would be put on hold if I couldn't verify my identity within 7 days. I would rather not have that happen as I have ongoing contracts.

Is anybody able to help me with this? Or has had the same issue? 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
283 of 293

Hi Jill,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already uploaded your ID. Please allow at least 24 hours for the results as it is currently being reviewed. It looks like you also reached out to our team directly via a support ticket. One of our agents will also update your ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
284 of 293

Hi Oyeyemi,

Our team will notify you directly if you are required to complete the verification process. At this time, it looks like you are not yet required to complete this step. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Aleezay A Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
285 of 293

Hi,
I don't have a bank account so I attached my father's credit card for buying connects on Upwork. I successfully bought connects. After some time Upwork asked me to verify my identity when I clicked that it automatically filled my father's name and didn't allow me to change. Because of that, I added a photo of my father's ID card. Now I again receive an email to verify my account. In an email, I read that " verify that you are the same person on profile and ID". Now I want to verify my ID card will it create problem in identity verification because of the data entered before?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
286 of 293

Aleezay A wrote:

Hi,
I don't have a bank account so I attached my father's credit card for buying connects on Upwork. I successfully bought connects. After some time Upwork asked me to verify my identity when I clicked that it automatically filled my father's name and didn't allow me to change. Because of that, I added a photo of my father's ID card. Now I again receive an email to verify my account. In an email, I read that " verify that you are the same person on profile and ID". Now I want to verify my ID card will it create problem in identity verification because of the data entered before?

Yes, you're not your father so it's gonna be hard to verify his info in a video chat, right? It's interesting your dad just gave you his photo ID. Mine woulda been like "umm, what? Why do you want my ID?"

Highlighted
287 of 293

Hi Aleezay,

You are allowed to use another person's credit card to purchase connects, provided that you are authorized to use it.  For the identity verification process, freelancers are required to provide documents that prove their identity. Please follow the steps required for you to complete the verification process and make sure that you provide your ID. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Aleezay A Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
288 of 293
Hi,
Please tell me that I either I can use my father’s bank account for
payment or not. Will it create problem when I will verify my ID or not?
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
289 of 293

Hi Aleezay, 

If you are a joint account holder in your father's bank account, you can use the bank account. Please prepare documents to prove that you are a joint account holder so that the team can review this for you. 

Otherwise, the name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. As such, please use a bank account under your name.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Michael P Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
290 of 293

I tried to follow this article https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge but when I click on the "Identity Verification" link in the article, it doesn't load. I can only verify my phone number. No way to verify government ID. Please help me. I want to get that blue check mark verification on my profile. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS