cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Andrew N Member Since: Nov 24, 2020
521 of 604

Hello,

I am unable to initiate the video call for visual verification. When I attempt to follow the prompts, I am redirected to a new browser tab of your general help landing page. The tab that initiated the video call times out and offers to "try again."

What is my next step to complete visual verification?

Thank you for any insight!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
522 of 604

Hi Andrew,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Linda P Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
523 of 604

Hey Joanne,

I have the exact same problem (since a couple of days) and only a short period of time to do this call, or else I won't be able to continue working on Upwork.

Can you please help me?

- Lin

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
524 of 604

Hi Linda,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

Untitled
525 of 604
Yes, of course! I click on the green button "Get Started", then I wait for
the visual ID check, but after a minute or two, it says "Timed our on
waiting for agent to verify your identity". I've tried it with three
different browsers (Safari, Chrome and Microsoft Edge) and nothing seems to
work.
526 of 604

Hi Goran,

Yes, of course! I click on the green button "Get Started", then I wait for the visual ID check, but after a minute or two, it says "Timed our on waiting for agent to verify your identity". I've tried it with three different browsers (Safari, Chrome and Microsoft Edge) and nothing seems to work.

-Lin

527 of 604

Hi Linda,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
528 of 604
Thank you so much! But I have to ask: What exactly do you mean by ticket?
529 of 604

Hi Linda,

A ticket is a support ticket where you can communicate with our team through our secure system regarding your problem. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Taeona C Member Since: Nov 24, 2020
530 of 604
I have tried multiple times to complete my ID Verification, but it isn’t allowing me to do the visual chat. It tells me to wait for someone, but times out every time. The UpWork help pages are not functional either right now. I don’t know what to do, and I’m afraid my contracts will be canceled.

Please help,
Taeona