cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

bb6d5932
Erick John F Member Since: Mar 1, 2021
631 of 668

Thank you for answering, may I know when I will see that notification?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
632 of 668

Hi Erick John,

At this time, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Untitled
026e3945
Md Ismail Alam K Member Since: Mar 1, 2021
633 of 668

Hello, today I got an email verifying my identity. I yet to have a NID card. Which I can have next year as for the Covid-19. But I have Bank Account can I send any documents from my bank?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
634 of 668

Hi Md Ismail Alam,

To complete the verification process, you will need to provide the following:

1. Provide a valid government-issued ID
  2. Complete a visual verification

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. Please feel free to respond to the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further in submitting the documents requested. 

-Joanne
Untitled
646cba9c
Mohomed Akmal Iqba A Member Since: Mar 3, 2021
635 of 668
Hi, I just got my first project and was asked to verify my ID, the Government issued ID in Sri Lanka has my photo on one side and details on the other, and since I don't have a passport or driving license yet, I uploaded one side of the the ID and did the visual verification and awaiting the verification results to come back.

I'm worried the ID will be rejected because I uploaded only one side and my account will be on hold, is there anything that can be done?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
636 of 668

Hi Mohamed,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

-Joanne
Untitled
646cba9c
637 of 668

Thanks Joanne, I was asked to upload the backside of my ID and I got verified after doing so, BUT, I'm having a bit of a problem again, my account was on hold when I logged in today and I was asked to verify my ID again, and this time I could choose only between a Passport and Driving License which I don't have and can't even get in a hurry these days with the pandemic and the one day services temporarily closed in my country. 

Is there a way to solve this? Smiley Happy

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
638 of 668

Hi Mohamed,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
646cba9c
639 of 668

Thank You Smiley Happy

inamullah98
Inam U Member Since: Feb 7, 2019
640 of 668

hello upwork community 

i am facing an issue which is regarding identity verification. when i try to access that page it shows me the below error,can i know why it is like that ??

any solution to handle this ?

(You don't currently have access to this page

If you have another account, switch to it and try again.
Or you can visit our home page.
To learn about access privileges, visit our Help Center.)