Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Messages Lite on Freelancer App

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 4

Today we will begin to roll out Messages Lite, a new, simpler version of Messages that will be part of the Upwork for Freelancers app. Currently, messaging in the Upwork for Freelancers app take time to load and can lag. Messages Lite has much faster app performance, but with limited features. Freelancers will be able to perform basic functions on Messages Lite, including reviewing their contact list, sending and receiving messages, and sending and receiving files. The full version of Messages is still available and can still be accessed from the app. 

When this is available, users will see a pop-up in the Upwork App to try Messages Lite. 

Messages Lite.png

When needing access to all messaging features like search or making a call, freelancers can switch back to classic Messages. There will be a link to switch back to the classic version on the main Messages Lite screen.

Messages Lite 1.png

We understand that speed and accessibility are important to our users and we are working on expanding Messages Lite to incorporate a fuller set of features without compromising its speed. We will inform you of future updates, and hope you enjoy the new Messages Lite. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

Untitled
Mohsin Z Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 4

Nice feature, thanks

Khilap S Member Since: May 6, 2017
3 of 4

Thank you for launching new feature for better speed!

But my message lite i am geeting problem when i am trying to open client message it does not open.

Attached screen-shot......

I hope you will resolve this problem soon!

Best,

Khilap

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 4

Hi Khilap,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled