cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Rate Tip Feature

Steven R Member Since: Jul 2, 2015
21 of 42

Sounds like a really useful too. I might try it out. Thanks! 

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
22 of 42

Was very irritated to see that when I applied for a new job, Upwork automatically put in a lower rate than what's on my profile.

Not cool.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
23 of 42

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Was very irritated to see that when I applied for a new job, Upwork automatically put in a lower rate than what's on my profile.

Not cool.

It is unacceptable that Upwork would automatically change your rate and to a lower rate at that.

What on earth are they thinking?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
24 of 42

Hi Isabelle Anne,

Are you referring to the tip rate feature or to the rate you put in Propose Terms field? 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
25 of 42
Hi Valeria, the rate tip feature hasn't appeared for me yet, but I don't know if it has something to do with my issue.

I clicked "apply on a job", and the billing rate was already filled in with $25/hr when my profile rate is $28/hr.

When I'm applying for an hourly job, I usually don't double-check the proposed rate because the site always used to automatically put the rate that's on our profiles.

So not sure if this is a bug or some extension of the new rate tip feature. Hope it's not the latter.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 42

Thanks for following up, Isabelle Anne. I have been trying to replicate it and so far I am not able to. In the Propose Terms field your profile rate shows as the billing rate by default.

Could you please take a screenshot if you come across the same problem again?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
27 of 42

It only happened once as far as I'm aware. Next time I'll take a screenshot, but I don't know if that will help. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
28 of 42

Why could this not be enabled for everyone at once?

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
29 of 42

@Gabor K wrote:

Why could this not be enabled for everyone at once?

Gabor,

I cannot and do not speak for Upwork. As a user and observer, it seems to me that when Upwork springs a new feature on us all at once and across the board, results are at best uneven. The more cautious their implementation, in my view, the better for all.

Best,
Michael

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
30 of 42

Is this feature still in place?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS