41 of 51

Yes, that helps!

Thanks Michael!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
42 of 51

Mods,

Is there a way to Opt Out of seeing the Upwork Rate Tip?

They are meaningless to me - always exagerated over the proper rate to be useless.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Highlighted
Anshuman M Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
43 of 51

Is this feature still available with Upwork?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
44 of 51

Dear moderators, please add an archive functionality for old topics, so people would stop necrobumping these ancient topics.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 51

Hi Anshuman,

The Rate Tip feature hasn't been discontinued and should still be available. We are, however, looking into whether there are any issues with it. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jim G Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
46 of 51

I do have a concern in accepting the Rate Tip (I don't know if anyone has asked this before).

What if I go with the rate tip and it's $15/hour higher than my usual rate, and then the Prospective Client checks out MyProfile. Isn't my usual lower rate displayed and the Prospective Client will see it? And then wonder why am I charging him/her a higher rate?

This will only matter, of course, if the PC posted a lower rate than the Tip Rate or no rate at all.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
47 of 51

Jim G wrote:

I do have a concern in accepting the Rate Tip (I don't know if anyone has asked this before).

What if I go with the rate tip and it's $15/hour higher than my usual rate, and then the Prospective Client checks out MyProfile. Isn't my usual lower rate displayed and the Prospective Client will see it? And then wonder why am I charging him/her a higher rate?

This will only matter, of course, if the PC posted a lower rate than the Tip Rate or no rate at all.

"Upwork had advised me [or, based on research, I've discovered] that I have been charging below market rates for far too long. The rate I have quoted you is standard for the kind and quality of services I offer."

Highlighted
Jim G Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
48 of 51

Once again I wrote a proposal where the Rate Tip was much higher than my usual rate that is posted on my Profile page.

So, if the client-to-be goes to my Profile won't they see my lower rate? And maybe wonder why I went higher? Even though they chose the higher range it still doesn't seem right.

Does everybody go for the high rate tip or just use their regular rate on the proposal?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
49 of 51

Jim G wrote:

Once again I wrote a proposal where the Rate Tip was much higher than my usual rate that is posted on my Profile page.

So, if the client-to-be goes to my Profile won't they see my lower rate? And maybe wonder why I went higher? Even though they chose the higher range it still doesn't seem right.

Does everybody go for the high rate tip or just use their regular rate on the proposal?

Can't speak for everybody. My regular rates are likely to be at least as high as any recommended rate. If you are still worried about prospect perceptions, I refer you to my earlier anser.

Highlighted
Pranay B Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
50 of 51

Its been more than 4 years and this feature is still in testing phase?

Is there any ETA when this feature will be available for all freelancers?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS