🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bharath,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you with this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok. 

I tried to upload my ID to verify my location and got an email saying it was unable to be authenticated and a hold has been placed on my account. I guess it must have been a bad photo, but the email doesn't give any details about why it wasn't accepted.  I can't find a place to contact customer service, and the site gives no information about what to do in this situation, so I have no idea how to fix this.  

Hi Erin,

One of our agents will reach to you via ticket and assist you further with this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID" and I am becoming irritated with this process. 

Hi Morgan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this.

~Nina

I'm having the same problem. There is a message at the top of any job posting stating "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Then the help keeps pushing me to talk to the community. Looks like you solved this problem for some others, would you mind helping me also, please.

Thanks!

Stephanie 

I have reached the max time to upload my id twice now. Can someone you help me with verifying my location?

Hi Marilyn,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I am having trouble with this as well. I uploaded two different photos of my driver's license and the system was unable to get what it needed from the photos. I ended up maxing out the number of alotted tries and when I tried to contact customer service it told me to go to the community for answers.

Can someone please assist me with this issue?

Hello Bethany,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support in the error message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to a US only job? If you are still having some trouble, please respond here. Thanks!

Untitled

I need help with same issue.  Followed instructions and clicked link to submit a request but just sent me here.  Please contact me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathaniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm experiencing the same problem and need to verify my location as the U.S. Can someone from the UpWork team please contact me?

caeef955
Community Member

i have this issue also

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi 

I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID, so I am trying to generate a Customer servise ticket but could not do , Can someone you help me with verifying my location? 

Thanks

Lalita

Hi Lalita,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am encountering the same thing. Anytime I go to submit to customer support it send me here. 

I need help ASAP. I tried uploading my passport to verify my location and it was rejected, only to have the system lock me out. I'd like to upload a newly scanned version which I think will work, but I can't. Please help.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I see that you have already opened a ticket about this with our support team, however I'll go ahead and follow up with them and you can expect to receive an update directly on the ticket. Thanks!

~Nina

I am having the same problem trying to have my United States passport verified.  My account was tagged as "Solved" because advice was given but I followed all advice:  passport expires 2022, eliminated cookies for this site, tried another browser but still need help.  It has taken so long to resolve that I can no longer find the jobs I had selected.  Mack, the moderator said he would assist if I needed more help and I do need assistance. thank you

Hi Rose Marie,

In order to complete your verification process, you'll need to communicate with out agent directly. Once you're ready, please use the verification link to initiate the process and our agent will follow up to guide you through the process. You should be able to access the notification with this link. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also experiencing this issue. Your suggestion to click on the "contact customer service" link only brings me back to "Ask the Community" button option. Please provide an alternate solution to this issue so that I am able to bid on projects. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amy,

One of our team mebers will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I have tried uploading my ID multiple times and it sall there but it has hit the max limit. May I talk to customer support so I can prove my identity 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eduard, James, Jyoti, Rahil, Toluwa, and LyKae, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I need help with this as well. Unfortunately, it's not allowing us to submit a ticket. Instead, it wants us to "Ask the Community." Please advise...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jon Paul and Juntae,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

HI, 

I followed the green link , but it redirects me here. Please help with how to submit ID after the max attempts is reached. Thank you.

Hi Johann MIchael, 

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly via ticket to assist you further in uploading your ID to verify your location. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can someone please help me? I have this message at the top of the screen when I click into a job posting "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID". When I click on the Contact Customer Support it sends me to this community. I don't see anywhere to upload my ID. I'm happy to do what needs doing, but where do I go?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amelia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mahony65
Community Member

I still have not seen a support ticket opened up to address my issue. Is there a phone number for support that I can call?

Hi Amelia,

I`m sorry about the delay with this.

Our team will resend the ticket shortly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well, that still leads to chats with the Upwork IA.  Getting direct help is still such a long way !!

same problem need help

Hi Riley,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have reached the max time to upload my id twice now. Can someone you help me with verifying my location?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths