cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Barbara N Member Since: Aug 24, 2017
41 of 1,787

I cannot find a link to upload my verification documents, and the Help ticket doesn't allow a submission... it just sends me to links that look like they aren't appropriate.   Help!  thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
42 of 1,787

Hi Barbara, 

Could you please share the inappropriate links or screengrabs of the pages you are getting when you try to access the page to upload your verification documents?

-Avery
Untitled
Barbara N Member Since: Aug 24, 2017
43 of 1,787

Hi, Avery...

I am a new user, so maybe I'm just not going into the correct place.   I was in the Help area, where the verification process is explained.  I expected a link there that would say "Ready to Verify" or something.   I haven't found a job or bid on one yet... does that have to happen before Upworks sends me to the link..?    I'm just confused and thank you so much for answering my questions. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
44 of 1,787

Barbara,

We'll have somebody reach out to you directly and assist with the process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
scott w Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
45 of 1,787

How come I don't have this option to upload and ID or verify? Please help. thanks

Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
46 of 1,787

I recently got an error saying I needed to verify my location before I could apply to a US-only job (despite having applied to other US-only jobs in the past; Upwork has my bank account information and apparently that's enough to verify?). However, I can't seem to find a way to verify! I clicked the link in the error that popped up and it just took me to my job search page. Was it a mix up showing me the error or can I just not find the verification thing anywhere?

- Barbara Herrera -
47 of 1,787

Scott,

Your location has already been verified and you should be able to apply for US-only jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Thomas P Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
48 of 1,787

Hi - I recently attempted to verify my location by submitting a picture of my state-issued ID. I received several error messages despite following all of the guidelines on the image (it was taken over a white surface with good lighting, no interference with other objects, etc.). I stopped receiving the error message on my latest attempt and I successfully applied for a US-based proposal. Since then, every US-based proposal requires me to verify my location once again. When I click the "Verify Location Now" button, I am taken back to the "Find Work" page and I do not have the option to re-verify my location.

49 of 1,787

Thomas, Nathan and Barbara,

There was an issue that caused some verified freelancers like yourselves to see the error. It has since been fixed. You are verified and should be able to apply for US-only jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nathan R Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
50 of 1,787

I'm also having a problem with this, I can not get into the actual verification, everytime I click to verify my ID it takes me back to the find work area. Is there an actual link to go to do this from, instead of just being promted, as stated on the help section? 

Nathan

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS