cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: US Passport for location verification?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
31 of 1,911

Hi Jonathan,

We will send you a URL shortly, where you can submit your passport and other documentation to verify your location. Please check your private messages here. 

Untitled
Anthony Patrick W Member Since: Aug 24, 2017
32 of 1,911

Hi, can anyone at UW confirm that my profile has been verified for the USA via my driver's license???

When I first registered, it requested a copy of my driver's license. I tried uploading my license several times and changing my name in UW to include my middle and, therefore, match the name on my driver's license. It continued to reject the driver's license.

I logged out of UW and, after logging back in, I went under my profile to change my name to include my middle name.

UW is no longer requesting a copy of my driver's license; however, I feel that I need to submit it to ensure my profile is "verified."

Is there a link somewhere that will allow me to submit my driver's license?

Thanks in advance. TW

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
33 of 1,911

Hi Anthony,

Your profile is not verified for US jobs. You exceeded the attempts to submit your ID, and thats why its not being flagged. We can reset these attempts. What is the error message you are seeing? Also, make sure that all four corners of your ID are showing in the photo you upload. 

Untitled
Melanie S Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
34 of 1,911

I need a link as well. Tried to verify location with password.  I guess I exceeded the attempts.  I'd like a link to submit to as well.

Thanks,

Melanie Smith

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 1,911

Melanie,

Somebody will reach out to you and offer additional assistance with location verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sherrie M Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
36 of 1,911

Can you please send me a link as well? I cannot upload my ID. it will not accept it. Thank you

37 of 1,911

Hi Sherrie,

Let me escalate your concern to the team and they'll assist you with it shortly.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
38 of 1,911

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community. Our Customer Support team will follow up with you directly soon and assist you with verifying your location.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
39 of 1,911

@Jonathan C wrote:

Hmm, so there's really nothing else I can do? I'm having a hard time grasping what additional information a driver's license provides that a passport does not. A passport says I'm a resident of the United States. All a state ID does is narrow me down to a specfic location within the United States. I don't see why that level of specificity is required when all I'm trying to prove is that I'm a resident of the US.

Surely there must be some other acceptable way to prove that I live in the United States. 

Actually, no, a passport does not verify your residence. There's no address listed on a US Passport. It verifies your citizenship, but not where you actually live. You can't even use a passport to prove residency to get a driver's license in most states that use "REAL ID" standards.

So the real question for Upwork is what they're trying to promote with US-only jobs: freelancers who LIVE in the US, or freelancers with US citizenship, or freelancers who belong to US culture?

And regardless of that specific answer, why not include Canada?

40 of 1,911

Jess,

Jobs with US-only requirements are available for freelancers who are physically located in the US.

~ Valeria
Untitled