cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Marshall B Member Since: Aug 13, 2017
51 of 1,787

I'm having trouble verifying my identity. Each time I upload a picture of my driver's license I get an error that states "We had some trouble verifying your ID". I have tried a number of different pictures with no success.

When I went to submit a support ticket I got all the way through, but was left on a dialog title "Please Select a Channel" which only had a close button and it didn't seem like the ticket was submitted.

Would someone be able to help me get verified?

Thanks

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
52 of 1,787

Hi Marshall,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lanie M
Untitled
Faith W Member Since: Aug 13, 2017
53 of 1,787

HI,

I'm also having trouble verifying my ID. I type my name and hit next and when I go to upload my picture i hit open on my file and nothing happens. I thought maybe it was my picture so I've tried scanning it on my printer and taking a picture on my phone and can't get it to upload at all.

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
54 of 1,787

Hi Faith,

To possibly help on the issue, please try the steps below:

- Kindly use a different browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer to see if it will persist.

- Try to clear cache on your current browser, please see sample;
for Chrome: http://prntscr.com/b8z5ll
for Firefox: http://prntscr.com/b6ju4x

- Try to clear Upwork cookies using this link: https://Upwork.com/clearcookies

You will be directed to “You’ve been logged off” page.

Restart your browser, log in your account and try again.

If the basic troubleshooting does not help at all, kindly provide us the screenshot of the page with the error message and the browsers you have tried to use so we can escalate to our Engineers for further checking.

Lanie M
Untitled
Leigh J Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
55 of 1,787

I'm having this same problem. I've tried two different browsers.  Uploaded my ID several times but nothing happens.

Highlighted
Yujin O Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
56 of 1,787

Hi!

I am located in NYC but i do not have a driver's license.

Can my student ID do the trick? or greencard?

Please let me know! 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
57 of 1,787

Yujin,

Unfortunately we cannot verify your location via a student ID or greencard at this time. In order to submit proposals to “U.S. Only” job posts, you must upload a valid state ID or driver’s license. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Susan Michelle B Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
58 of 1,787
My PA drivers license has a security area into which my name strikes over thereby preventing your ID verification to work. Suggestions?
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
59 of 1,787

Hi Susan,

I private messaged you a link where you can directly upload your ID for approval.

Untitled
Laura P Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
60 of 1,787
Hi I need help uploading my ID. I bypassed it when I signed up and now I can't find where to upload. Can you send link?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS