cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading ID

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
611 of 1,825

Hi Alejandra,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you with this, thank you.

Untitled
Stu H Member Since: Feb 20, 2018
612 of 1,825

Tried to upload with the app, but it says to contact you... Can you please help? Thanks.

Laurie B Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
613 of 1,825

Can you send me a private message with information on where to submit my identity verification? Also, I think I used up all my connects trying to upload this. I was clicking on jobs to bid, which told me to upload my verification and that was the only way I thought I could upload it. It turned out to be a tech issue. I was emailed back and told I could upload now, but don't know where to do so, and all my connects have departed. Do I need to wait a month for more connects or will you give grace and mercy and let me start over since apparently they were used up trying to comply with Upwork's direction?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
614 of 1,825

Laurie,

Could you please reply to the support ticket about this issue (you can find it here) and clarify if you are getting any errors when uploading your ID and verify your location here?

Also, you have available connects and should be able to apply for jobs that don't have US-only requirement.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Courtney W Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
615 of 1,825

I've tried to upload my driver's license photo to become US verified. It rejected the upload and said that I my Upwork profile name didn't match the name on my ID.

I went back to the name submission screen and realized it indicated I needed to add my middle name, which I did. It then, again, tells me that my rework name doesn't match the ID name. I tried this several times.

Then I went to my actual profile and tried to change my name, which resulted in the prompt that changing my name is serious business and I have to wait while the rework team verifies the change, which I don't want to do anyway; I would prefer my middle name not show up to clients!

Now I can't determine if the ID rejection is being cause by the fact that I didn't initially include my middle name in my profile (because who would?) or if it's because on my ID, my last name is written in black and then laid over my hair, which it blends into, and the computer can't scan it. And there doesn't seem to be a way to talk to anyone directly about this, so here I am.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
616 of 1,825

Hi Courtney, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to make a call to our Support Team. If you come across any other issue, you may continue communicating with our Support Team so that they can walk you through the process.

-Avery
Untitled
William F Member Since: Aug 21, 2017
617 of 1,825

I am having major problems getting my scanned ID to upload. To the best of my ability, I've verified that my scan (pdf) and photo (jpg) (I tried both) met the DPI and otherwise confirmed to the technical image requirements. This appears to be a common recent problem. Has anyone had success with Upwork tech support or an alternate verification method (email, etc.), or am I simply stuck with "try again"?

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks, all.

Bill

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
618 of 1,825

Hi William,

It looks like the team has already provided you with an alternative way to verify your location. Please, follow their instructions in the ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Lindsey M Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
619 of 1,825

I cannot upload my ID and verify my location.  Any suggestions on how to do that?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
620 of 1,825

Hi Lindsey, 

Were you going to any specific error when trying to upload your ID? 

UPDATE: Lindsey, an agent from our Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to help you.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS