cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to confirm U.S. location/residency

Susan N Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
81 of 1,823

Hello,

I am having the exact same difficulty... received the error message and prompt to contact cutomer service but can only seem to post to this forum. Can someone please contact me so I can try to verify my license again? Thank you!

Marcus D Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
82 of 1,823

Its a very good tool to confirm location, however all the time I try to upload my US passport I get an error message. I have followed all the specs and it didn;'t work. I also tried to reduce the size of the photo, but after I closed the link I couln't find the lonk again to upload it.

I'd appreciate if somebody send me the link

Thanks,

Marcus

83 of 1,823

on the other hand, I'm not a member since 4 min ago as the forum says..

84 of 1,823

When you go to "Find Work" and click on the geern button "verify location now" it doesnt go anywhere

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
85 of 1,823

Hi Susan and Marcus,

So sorry for the inconvenience. A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you on this.

Lanie M
Untitled
Lauren H Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
86 of 1,823

I tried uploading my ID to verify my account and Upwork couldn't read it for some reason and now my account is on hold. How can I fix this? 

Highlighted
Gina P Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
87 of 1,823

Hi,

After one attempt at uploading a picture of my NYS drivers license for the U.S. only freelancing job opportunities, I received this message below and have not been able to try again to upload any documents.  I'm new to the site and eager to get to work.  Help! Smiley Happy Thank you!

-Gina

"Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification.  Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location.  Please contact customer support."

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
88 of 1,823

@Gina P wrote:

Hi,

After one attempt at uploading a picture of my NYS drivers license for the U.S. only freelancing job opportunities, I received this message below and have not been able to try again to upload any documents.  I'm new to the site and eager to get to work.  Help! Smiley Happy Thank you!

-Gina

"Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification.  Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location.  Please contact customer support."

Sorry to hear your having problems Gina. Several other users have also experienced this, and are getting support via this thread. Please report the first part of your post in this thread:

Location Verification

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
89 of 1,823

Hi Gina,

So sorry for the inconvenience. A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you.

Lanie M
Untitled
Gabrielle R Member Since: Sep 10, 2017
90 of 1,823

I'm getting extremely frustrated. My location verification was denied even though my image met all of the specifications. After 3 upload attempts, I was denied further entries and directed to contact customer support. Well, I can't even get in touch with customer support. Anyone else having this issue? Or at least have a direct contact method for customer support? I don't understand why this is so difficult. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS