cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify My ID

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1791 of 1,901

Hi Jessica, 

It looks like you recently updated your ticket, and the team is yet to respond to you. I will go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Enzo C Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
1792 of 1,901

HI, I actually am in internship in Miami but I am French and so I don't have a driver license or us passeport or us ID but only a French ID for the moment, how can I do to verify my account

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1793 of 1,901

Hi Enzo,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Yuliang R Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
1794 of 1,901

trying to upload my DL and it says my name doesn't match.   something must be wrong with the OCR.   what to do?  tried multiple pictures.  landscape portrait.  different lighting 

Waichi Y Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
1795 of 1,901

same here. My ID has my last name first so UpWork is rejecting it. So annoying, and can't find a phone number or email to get help from a real person at UpWork. Anyone out there tat Upwork HQ that can solve this??

1796 of 1,901

Hi Waichi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Waichi Y Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
1797 of 1,901

Thank you Bojan

1798 of 1,901

Hi Yuliang,

I checked this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully complete your verification process. 

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Liane B Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
1799 of 1,901

I'm trying to apply for a job, and am trying to upload a scan of my State ID, but it says that my name does not match. Well,  it certainly does match, so I'm not sure what to do. What should I do next?

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
1800 of 1,901

I would contact support directly if it were me in this situation Smiley Happy