Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity Verification

braedenc
Braeden C Member Since: May 26, 2021
2191 of 2,202

Hello,

I've been looking at various jobs on upwork over the past week. But it won't let me apply because of an error saying "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact  customer support.". I tried to do my own troubleshooting through the help tools provided but I have been unsuceessful. 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2192 of 2,202

Thank you for reaching out to us, Braeden.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sfjer
Jeremy O Member Since: May 31, 2021
2193 of 2,202

Hello, I uploaded my Colorado state drivers license once to provide proof of my identity, and received a message that "We were unable to authenticate your ID". There is no link or information on how to resolve this or why a valid driver's license is not sufficient.

I also see a message that I have exceeded the maximum attempts to upload my ID- is 1 attempt the maximum? There appears to be no way to contact any kind of support function to resolve this issue. One would think that since the revenue of Upwork depends on freelancers, that they would make an attempt to actually make things user-friendly for freelancers.

How can this be resolved?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2194 of 2,202

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jeremy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eah985
Emilie H Member Since: Jun 13, 2021
2195 of 2,202

I uploaded my ID and completed visual verification, which is confirmed in my settings. However, I still had the "upload your ID" alert at the top of the app. So, thinking it was a file format issue, I reuploaded. Now it says I've reached max uploads and to contact customer support to verify my identity, which I already have. When I go to customer support it sends me here. 

I cannot bid new proposals until this is fixed because the button is deactivated.

I'm wondering if this is an issue because when I originally started this account it was autofilled with my first and middle name instead of my first and last, which I corrected. 

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2196 of 2,202

Hi Emilie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and all limitations should now be removed from your profile. Could you please let us know if you need any further assistance? 

~ Nikola

Untitled
alisonkinsey
Alison K Member Since: Jun 26, 2021
2197 of 2,202

Hi,

I have my entire profile filled out and ready to go, but the phone verification is not working. I enter my number, and then a pop-up appears on the screen that's blank and has a red exclamation point in it. I've tried with two different numbers and it still doesn't work. Please help.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2198 of 2,202

Hi Alison,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification process. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
alisonkinsey
Alison K Member Since: Jun 26, 2021
2199 of 2,202

I got it fixed - you can close the ticket. I had to use a different browser for it to work.

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
2200 of 2,202

Hi Alison,

I'm glad to know it worked. Don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS