Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1941 of 1,995

Hi Colin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Atif Y Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
1942 of 1,995

Hi Team-

I am not able to verify my location in US, my green card application is in process and I have my Social Security card with me. I have not gotten my Drivers License made yet, it will take me some time as I have to do preparation and then take driving tests. I do not want to waste anymore time in my earnings through Upwork.

I can provide following proofs that I am living in US and in the process of settlement. -

EAD Card

- Social Security Card

- My Bank Of America account Bank Statement

- The notification of Action from USIC on my green card process

Please help me here, I will be grateful to you.

Regards,

Atif Yousaf

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1943 of 1,995

Atif:

It is good that you are working toward getting your driver's license.

But you do NOT need a driver's license for Upwork verification. Upwork will accept other forms of identification. You can use a passport or a non-driving picture ID that you can get from the DMV.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1944 of 1,995

Hi Atif,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohammed A Member Since: Sep 13, 2018
1945 of 1,995

hi there,

Running into a little problem with location verfication, im based in the Uk but im not british and i dont drive so i dont have a British passport, or Driver Liscence but i do have goverment issued ID that proves im in the UK which i used with site and other sucessfully. In the help section its says i can upload id but when i do its says you seem to have uploaded ither form of id giving only the option of passport and driver lisence.

How to i sort this out

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Joe L Member Since: Sep 6, 2018
1946 of 1,995

Go to your local police station with your passport and ask them to verify your identity with a stamp

If you are from the EU then you should have an appropriate id card

You seem to be a night owl as you posted this question at 4am

All the best

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1947 of 1,995

Hi Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you soon via ticket and will assist you further with this. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mani S Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
1948 of 1,995

Hi Goran,

Can I upload my EU ID card where it asks me for a British Passport? Why is there no option on the website to upload non-British ID documents?

Regards

Mani

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1949 of 1,995

Hi Mani,

We do have other options on how to verify your location and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ritika A Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
1950 of 1,995

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I am living in the UK and I have a work permit. But does not have a UK driving license or british passport.

Please help

Thanks in advance!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS