New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Highlighted
Christine D Member Since: May 14, 2020
2041 of 2,082

Thanks very much! I appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Ben L Member Since: May 21, 2020
2042 of 2,082

I've also had the same issue with a hold on my account after I uploaded my photo ID and it said that it couldn't verify my account.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2043 of 2,082

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ben.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
michael s Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
2044 of 2,082

I am an American with a longterm US-based account. I am moving to France. Is there a way to keep my US status? I am the same person, just living in another country.

Highlighted
2045 of 2,082

Hi Michael,

The US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs, or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ignacio R Member Since: May 28, 2020
2046 of 2,082

I have received notice that I have a hold on my account after 3 failed attempts to verify my ID. How can I lift this hold and proceed with the verification process

Thank You 

Highlighted
2047 of 2,082

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ignacio.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Luminita C Member Since: May 29, 2020
2048 of 2,082

Good evening, I have tried to change my surname on the platform and soon after I have tried to apply for a job  when I have been asked to prove my ID/Location I have uploaded my driving licence with my new surname on it and then surprise... I got an email saying that I have my account suspended. Please advise.

Highlighted
2049 of 2,082

Hi Luminita,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
April C Member Since: May 29, 2020
2050 of 2,082

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

I am not sure how to fix this in order so I can bid. Does anyone have any information on this?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS