Highlighted
Paul N Member Since: Jul 11, 2020
2071 of 2,094

Title.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2072 of 2,094

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Walter V Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
2073 of 2,094

Hello,

My regular Texas DL was not being accepted as a valid form of ID, and I reached the maximum number of tries to upload it.

How do I proceed?

Thanks

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2074 of 2,094

Hi Walter,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kirill E Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
2075 of 2,094

Hello,

I have recently moved to the U.S., therefore I would like to update my address to my actual one, which is in the U.S. now. The system will not allow me to do this, saying that I have to file form W-9 first.

I cannot file form W-9, because it is a form used by U.S. persons, while I am not – I am a nonresident alien for tax purposes, so the right form to file for me is form W-8BEN as before, which I filed with all other organisations (banks, investment brokers, etc.) with a U.S. address just fine.

This really does look like a bug in the logic of the software, so is there someone who would be able to update my information manually?

Cheers,

Kirill

Highlighted
2076 of 2,094

Hi Kirill,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally, they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver's license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card. Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to advise about it legally.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kirill E Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
2077 of 2,094

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply. I am not looking for legal advice, I am looking for a solution to a technical limitation of the platform.

> If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to work in the U.S. legally, they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer.

This is great to know. This is exactly my case.

> To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a U.S. location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver's license, state I.D. card, U.S. passport, Green Card.

No problem, I can provide a federal-issued ID for verification.

> Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings.

I cannot complete this form, as this form can only be filled in by someone who is a resident for tax purposes. I am a nonresident for tax purposes, therefore I need to complete form W-8BEN, not form W-9.

There seems to be a technical limitation in the profile page that does not allow someone who has completed W-8BEN to set an address in the US. I am looking for help with working it around.

Cheers,

Kirill

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2078 of 2,094

Hi Kirill,

I shared your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Abdul R Member Since: Jul 19, 2020
2079 of 2,094

I need someone from customer support to manually verify my Identity document. 

Highlighted
2080 of 2,094

Thank you for reaching out to us, Abdul.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS