Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
91 of 1,314

Hi Gabrielle,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Lanie M
Untitled
Alexandre C Member Since: Sep 13, 2017
92 of 1,314

Hi Lena,

I just got my green card a few weeks ago, I don't have any one of the 3 options available, but I have Work Authorization, Green Card and Social Security Number.
Can I use one of these to prove I live in the USA?

Thanks
Alex,

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
93 of 1,314

Unfortunately, green card isn't acceptable for your verification location at the moment. State ID, Driver's License or a valid U.S. passport are accepted for verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
94 of 1,314

re: "Unfortunately, green card isn't acceptable for your verification location at the moment. State ID, Driver's License or a valid U.S. passport are accepted for verification."

That should work for Alexandre... Any adult with a Green Card can get a driver's license.

Jon R Member Since: Sep 14, 2017
95 of 1,314

I am trying to prove I live in the US to bid on a job and it requires me to upload evidence. However, the evidence I have is not supported by Upwork. It asks for State ID, Drivers licence or US passport. I am currently in the US waiting for citizenship so I have none of the above but I have a work authorisation card which proves I am living here and eligable to work here but your system doesn't recognise this card it seems.

Any advice?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
96 of 1,314

May I ask:

Why don't you go get a State ID or a Drivers License?

This would solve your problem, and these things would be immensely useful in other ways as well.

If you're here legally you can get these. You don't need to be a citizen.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 1,314

Jon,

Unfortunately, at the moment U.S. location can only be verified with a driver's license, State ID or U.S. passport.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nathaniel S Member Since: Oct 1, 2017
98 of 1,314

I recieved this error: Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

What should I do? could I please get some help. Thanks so much

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
99 of 1,314

Hi Nathaniel,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Lanie M
Untitled
Aaron V Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
100 of 1,314

It will not let me verify my location. I get a prompt saying "Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support."