cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1751 of 1,787

Hi Zach,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Thokozani M Member Since: May 28, 2019
1752 of 1,787

Hie please could you assist me. i am having issues uploading my id. I cannot submit proposalsSmiley Sad

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1753 of 1,787

Thank you for reaching out to us, Thokozani.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Leader
Hermann M Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
1754 of 1,787

Oh great,

getting jobs has become extremely difficult to near impossible already, now you are going to encurage clients to limit their offer to US based freelancers only - thanks a lot from a Bangkok based freelancer

Priyanka P Member Since: Jun 3, 2019
1755 of 1,787

Hi!

I just shifted to USA and want to start freelance work for Indian clients on Upwork.

I am on F2 Visa here. 

Can I work for USA clients?

Can I work for clients in India? 

1756 of 1,787

Hi Priyanka,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Kyle I Member Since: Jun 6, 2019
1757 of 1,787

I'm having the same issue. Can someone pls reach out?

1758 of 1,787

Hi Kyle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lauran C Member Since: Jun 26, 2019
1759 of 1,787

As above. And there seems to be no customer support here. What can I do? Thanks.

1760 of 1,787

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lauran.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS