cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
1801 of 1,823

I had a verification issue with my id also and eventually did a call to verify. To toggle the video verification fail the verification and then submit a ticket to support with the failure. They will allow you to try verification again and in my case prompt me for an in person video call. Im now verified and cooking with gas-

Cheers

Jeremy From Net Diatom LP

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
1802 of 1,823
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1803 of 1,823

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Kindly, try uploading a clear image of your driver's license and you should be able to complete the verification. Feel free to follow up on our help article to learn more about the requirements for the government-issued photo ID. Let us know if you still experience the problem.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Kate K Member Since: Aug 12, 2019
1804 of 1,823

My profile was approved via email, but when I try to apply to jobs, it says I cannot, because my profile is not complete. Any advice?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1805 of 1,823

Hi Kate,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Chi Tou L Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
1806 of 1,823

I'm on F-1 OPT Visa, and I'm fully authorized to stay and work in the United States with my EAD card. However, the verification system only accepts State ID, Driver's licence, Green Card or US passport, which I have neither. If I need to access the US based jobs, is there anything that I can do? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1807 of 1,823

Hi Ryan, 

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Baylee F Member Since: Aug 24, 2019
1808 of 1,823

I am trying to upload my ID and I have reached the maximum amount of tries. What should I do? 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1809 of 1,823

Hi Baylee,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Lisa T Member Since: Aug 25, 2019
1810 of 1,823

I am going to get another ID, I can't find my new one for some reason, but i have my expired drivers license, my birth certificate, social security card, credit card bills with address in my name, etc. Can i send all of that and do a video call? I will add copies of everything and see if you are able to approve my account, because they will give me a paper ID until the new one comes in the mail.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS