cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1901 of 1,936

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shannon.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ninti A Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
1902 of 1,936

I only submitted my ID once but it was not approved and said I reached the maximum number of attempts and needed to contact support

1903 of 1,936

Hi Ninti,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jeffrey C Member Since: Dec 10, 2019
1904 of 1,936
I am having trouble getting my License photo to upload, it’s a learners permit but still valid. Ideas suggests and anything else that is helpful is appreciated.
1905 of 1,936

Hi Jeffrey,

At this time, to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S location requirement you must have a valid state-issued ID, driver's license, green card or U.S passport. Please go to your ''FIND WORK'' tab and you should see a notification at the top of the page asking you to ''Verify your ID now'' with a green link. Please go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mariela C Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
1906 of 1,936

Hello, I am a J2 visa holder with a valid EAD (Employment Authorization Document)  and SSN living in the US. 

I would like to know first if a I am allowed to work in Upwork? If so, I do not know what form should I use, W-8BEN form or W-9 form?

Thanks!

1907 of 1,936

Hi Mariela,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Arianna P Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
1908 of 1,936

Upwork isn't recognizing by ID when trying to submit it to accept work. 

1909 of 1,936

Hi Arianna,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Isaiah T Member Since: Dec 13, 2019
1910 of 1,936

I have a valid government issued drivers license. The system won't verify it no matter how many times I try. I'm frustrated the only help I can get is from a bot which is little to no help. If i could get an actual team member to help me that would be great.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS