cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Highlighted
Leonardo T Member Since: Dec 31, 2019
1921 of 2,047

This is the only form of ID I have and it wont let upload it unless it is a US passport. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1922 of 2,047

Hi Leonardo,

In order to complete location verification, you need to upload one of the following documents: US passport, US driver's license, State ID card or green card. If you are unable to provide those documents and verify, you'll still be able to continue on Upwork and send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace, but won't be able to send proposals to jobs with the location requirement.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Leonardo T Member Since: Dec 31, 2019
1923 of 2,047

When I try to apply to a job it stops me and asks me to upload my US documents. How do I get past that screen so I can apply for jobs?

Highlighted
1924 of 2,047

Hi Leonardo,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Marilou T Member Since: Jan 1, 2020
1925 of 2,047
can u help me upload my id. i already used all the maximum attempts to upload my id. i got a new id to try
Highlighted
1926 of 2,047

Hi Marilou,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are having with uploading your documents. I will follow up with the team handling your case so you can get an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Matthew W Member Since: Jan 7, 2020
1927 of 2,047

Getting the following error: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

And apparently this forum is the only way to contact someone? If it isn't I missed it.

I'm pretty sure I tried uploading my ID a couple of years ago, and it failed, which is why I moved elsewhere to freelance. I'm trying Upwork again, but this is a hurdle that is quickly proving frustrating again.

Highlighted
1928 of 2,047

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Stephen C Member Since: Jan 10, 2020
1929 of 2,047
Please would a human being at Upwork reach out to me.
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1930 of 2,047

Hi Stephen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS