Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Highlighted
Sergey G Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
1981 of 2,051

Hi,

I'm new to UpWork and I've tried to verify my id with no luck. Initial link didn't like my id photo, said "your account is suspended". Very nice I thought and tried to contat support. Support replied to me email with "verification link".

That verification link doesn't work, shows blank page in Firefox and shows "Verification link is incorrect" in Edge. Reporting it to support got an answer "it works from your account, just checked. please try to restart your browser". Surely I did this and replied accordingly. No answer since then.

How do your verify your ID??

Do they have a phone number to call?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1982 of 2,051

Hi Sergey,

I see that you already have a support ticket #28142318 open where an agent is helping you with your verification. Please, allow them some time to review it and get back to you directly via the same support ticket.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Hola O Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
1983 of 2,051

Hi, I was instructed to verify my identity, and I was sent a link to commence the verification. However I've been trying to do that, but every time I click on the link a page pops up telling me I don't have access to the page. Please how do I go about this? I need to do the verification before my is suspended. Thanks!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1984 of 2,051

Hi Hola, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Hola O Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
1985 of 2,051

Hi, I was instructed to verify my identity, and I was sent a link to commence the verification. I've been trying to do that, but every time I click on the link a page pops up telling me I don't have access to the page. Please how do I go about this? I need to do the verification before my is suspended. Thanks

Highlighted
John S Member Since: Mar 27, 2020
1986 of 2,051

I accidentally upload an invalid ID.  Now, when I try to upload an ID, I am refused verification.

How can I verify my ID and complete my profile for potential work?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1987 of 2,051

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Caitlin S Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
1988 of 2,051

I uploaded my drivers license for ID verification, but it said my name doesn't match. It does. I'm guessing that elements on my card are different from most state IDs.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1989 of 2,051

Hi Caitlin,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Snigdha M Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
1990 of 2,051

I see a message that I've reached the max number of tries to upload my ID. Please contact customer support.

I'm not sure why I'm seeing the message as I don't remember running into this issue before. Customer support has automated answers that really don't help me figure out what I need to do to upload my ID. Please help.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS