Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Highlighted
Kiersten P Member Since: Jul 23, 2020
2081 of 2,089

Hello,

I'm returning to Upwork after a couple of years and want to apply to projects. However, my profile reads that I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. I have never attempted to upload my ID at all. Please advise how can I verify my ID? I see no option in my settings to do so. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2082 of 2,089

Hi Kiersten,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Priya T Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
2083 of 2,089

Does only four types of ID document accepted for verification ?  Unfortunately, I can provide other ID document which is not listed in auto verification process.

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2084 of 2,089

Hi Priya,

Are you referring to location verification in order to apply to U.S. only jobs? If so, then yes, the documents accepted for this are Driver's Licence, State ID, United Stated Passport or Green Card. You can find information on this subject here.

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Priya T Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
2085 of 2,089

Does it mean only US citizen can apply for US jobs ?  Others may not have DL , Green Card or US passport.  What is alternative to fix this issue ?  Shall we remove profile and sign up again ?

Highlighted
2086 of 2,089

Priya, someone from our team will reach out to you directly here about your options for U.S. verification. Also, as a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed.

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Claire E. C Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
2087 of 2,089

I'm new. I went to submit a proposal yesterday and was asked to send a photo of an ID. I admit I was lazy and sent a photo of an older out-of-state drivers license that I happened to have available. The system rejected it. I understand why. But now the system says I've exceeded the number of attempts and I can't reach any sort of customer service agent to help me. I think I've tried all the avenues available and  read the articles I've been referred to.  The bottom line is I am locked out and can't get anymone to answer my questions.

Highlighted
2088 of 2,089

Hi Claire,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Claire E. C Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
2089 of 2,089
Yes. I was contacted.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS