Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Claudia Jo H Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
21 of 1,577

Jess,

If you are still having problems....

I got the same error several times when I tried to SCAN my DL on my printer as a JPG then crop it. I got it to work by taking a photo of my license with my cell phone and uploading that. Just be sure to leave a little border around the license.

There was a note in the instructions about size being 20-30KB but it acepted a 1.6MB photo no problem.

Claudia

Rafat Z Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
22 of 1,577

I'm trying to upload id image to verify location but it doesn't work, i tried different device and browser but still can't upload the image

advise please

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
23 of 1,577

Hi Rafat, 

I will escalate this to our customer support and they will contact you directly via ticket/email to assist you with this.

Untitled
Thomas C Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
24 of 1,577

I'm having the same issue. The picture appears to meet all the upload requirements so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
25 of 1,577

Hi Thomas,

Our team will follow up with you directly, advise on the previous attempts to verify your location and assist you with resubmitting your ID.

Jonathan C Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
26 of 1,577

Hello all,

My driver's license has expired, which means for some reason it no longer serves as a verification that I live in the United States. Is there any way I can use a valid US passport for verification instead? I don't see why it wouldn't provide the same information.

Thanks!

Jonny

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
27 of 1,577

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately we cannot verify your location via a passport and you'll need to upload a valid state ID or driver’s license. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Jonathan C Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
28 of 1,577

Hmm, so there's really nothing else I can do? I'm having a hard time grasping what additional information a driver's license provides that a passport does not. A passport says I'm a resident of the United States. All a state ID does is narrow me down to a specfic location within the United States. I don't see why that level of specificity is required when all I'm trying to prove is that I'm a resident of the US.

Surely there must be some other acceptable way to prove that I live in the United States. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
29 of 1,577

Hi Jonathan,

We will send you a URL shortly, where you can submit your passport and other documentation to verify your location. Please check your private messages here. 

Untitled
Anthony Patrick W Member Since: Aug 24, 2017
30 of 1,577

Hi, can anyone at UW confirm that my profile has been verified for the USA via my driver's license???

When I first registered, it requested a copy of my driver's license. I tried uploading my license several times and changing my name in UW to include my middle and, therefore, match the name on my driver's license. It continued to reject the driver's license.

I logged out of UW and, after logging back in, I went under my profile to change my name to include my middle name.

UW is no longer requesting a copy of my driver's license; however, I feel that I need to submit it to ensure my profile is "verified."

Is there a link somewhere that will allow me to submit my driver's license?

Thanks in advance. TW

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS