cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Real-Time Process for Freelancer U.S. Location Verification

Monique C Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
631 of 1,805

Hello, I am in the process of becoming a new member, but when I tried to verify my location I ran into an issue. Shortly after three tries, I was informed that I had reached the maximum number of tries and to contact cusotmer support. When I clicked on the customer support icon there a new tab opened to a blank page. 

Please advise...

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
632 of 1,805

Hi Monique,

We'll reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Christine E Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
633 of 1,805

I'm having the same problem verifying my identity and location.  I've tried to upload my id photo but it doesn't work.  Now it says I am no longer eligible to try again.  Please have someone help me.

Cheryl J Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
634 of 1,805

Your reply says PDF but upload does  not. Will try JPG

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
635 of 1,805

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry about the confusion. Could you please try uploading your ID photo in PNG, JPEG or BMP format and make sure it's at least 200 dpi? Let us know if it still doesn't work.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Edward Z Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
636 of 1,805
Thanks for the quick response!
It won't let me upload at all. All it says is to seek support. I've uploaded an id when I first applied back in September but it never provides the option to reupload a new photo now.

Thanks for all the help!
Shaunee F Member Since: Feb 6, 2018
637 of 1,805

I'm also having trouble uploading my ID after following all of the directions. I tried to contact someone for help and it just sent me here. Can someone please contact me to help get my ID uploaded and verify that I live in the US? 

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
638 of 1,805

Hi Shaunee,

Please make sure that your picture is clear, in color and at least 200 dpi. The format should be PNG, JPEG, PDF or BMP and please make sure that all 4 edges of the ID should be visible, and try to upload it again. If you are still unsuccessfull, do reach back out and we will try to assist further.

~Nina
TM J Member Since: Feb 20, 2018
639 of 1,805

Hello, 

Having the same issue - can't get the picture of my ID to upload and it has now blocked me out of trying to upload. Please help!

Andrew K Member Since: Aug 9, 2017
640 of 1,805

Hello,

I've attempted to upload my drivers license numerous times. I've scanned it multiple ways, as well as used my phone to take a photo. I've saved it as an uncompressed JPEG, 300 dpi, with no alterations, and it won't accept it under any circumstances. I can't locate any direct contact information for UpWork. Can anyone provide past advice on a resolution?

Thank you