🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New To-Do List collaborative tool
Page options

New To-Do List collaborative tool

lenaellis
Community Member

*UPDATE 7/1 - To-Do Lists feature is now available to all talent and clients!

Today, we are starting to test out a new collaborative tool, To-do lists, with freelancers and clients. To-do lists can serve as a collaborative space to organize your contract’s work. Clients and freelancers will be able to create to-dos, assign an owner, add a short note, and set a due date.

We hope the due dates and notes in this tool will be helpful when managing projects and deadlines. You can toggle to view the full list or only tasks assigned to you, so this tool could also function as a way to organize your own tasks for a contract in an easy to access spot.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 6.43.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-10 at 6.42.53 AM.png

Use the tool however you’d like. It’s completely optional and the deadlines are not monitored by Upwork and do not replace your contract terms agreed upon when starting the contract. You can access the to-do list from your contract workroom. We have released this to some customers today and will expand to more very soon.

Tell us how you like it and what improvements you'd suggest with the feedback.

30 Comments
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Eva,

To mark the To-Do task as completed you will simply need to click on the empty circle left of the task title. Once this is done you will see a green tick mark. 
You can also edit or delete the To-Do task by clicking on the 6 dots (or the pencil icon) at the begging of the section. Thank you.,

shokhi_ag
Community Member

Even I was wondering why its showing overdue and how can I mark the task as done. Thanks. This helped.

tallal_javed
Community Member

Hi Lena,

It is a great feature. But sadly it is available on some of my projects and not available on others?

Why is that? Do I need to change something to enable it for all my projects.

Regards

JoanneP

Hi Tallal,

Thanks for your question. To-do lists can serve as a collaborative space that allows clients and freelancers to create to-dos, assign an owner, add a short note, and set a due date. Both clients and freelancers are able to create, edit, and complete to-dos. Using the feature is not required, but an option that some users might find helpful when managing projects and deadlines. Note: We are currently testing this option out with a select group of users. We will let you know if we expand the option!

Could you please send us the contract ID of the jobs you are referring to so I can confirm this with our team??

techassistent
Community Member

When will this feature be added to the Upwork Client. It is annoying to have to open the contract each time I want to add a To-Do item. 

Also, is there an option when people are accepting a contract that they can turn off the To-Do feature? Some of my contracts have it, others to not Smiley Frustrated

JoanneP

Hi James,

To-do lists can serve as a collaborative space that allows clients and freelancers to create to-dos, assign an owner, add a short note, and set a due date. Both clients and freelancers are able to create, edit, and complete to-dos. Using the feature is not required, but an option that some users might find helpful when managing projects and deadlines. Note: We are currently testing this option out with a select group of users. We will let you know if we expand the option! You might want to read this announcement for more information. 

zoe-barnett
Community Member

I have a question: Do late to-do tasks affect my JSS in any way?

I have an hourly contract client who's trying out the new To-do feature. I have a bunch of tasks that we agreed on in my list.

Yesterday I completed a task but forgot to tick it off. Today Upwork sent me an email reminding me that my to-do is late and that submitting work late can lead to a bad client experience, etc.

Will Upwork now be taking this kind of thing into account when calculating JSS?

Zoe

petra_r
Community Member

Zoe B wrote:

I have a question: Do late to-do tasks affect my JSS in any way?

Will Upwork now be taking this kind of thing into account when calculating JSS?

No, provided it doesn't lead to poor feedback.

2b9daefa
Community Member

hi i am confused, 

actually am working on 1 contract and as me and client discussed due to some tasks etc am adding manual hours to a contract, so the problum is client always ad tasks on To Do,s and i complete that tasks on time but still always get msg from upwork that my To Do,s are Late or Over due etc on to do,s i cant find any option to finish task and when i deleted to do,s then client asking me why am deleting to do,s, 

jst worried am doing task on time still getting notification from upwork that my to do tasks are late so does it gonna affect my jss?

petra_r
Community Member

Satish K wrote:

so does it gonna affect my jss?

No, absolutely not! Not in any way.