🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Update to Transaction History Reports
Page options

New Update to Transaction History Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi all,

This week we updated the Transaction History page for freelancers, agencies and clients. The new page includes more filtering options to provide a clearer view of your transactions and is also now mobile optimized so you can readily view your transactions from your mobile device.

The main changes have been highlighted below:

1. Total summary segment is now available under the "Balance amount" modal and it appears in the form of a pop-up after selecting the balance amount link.

2. Creating a new "Filters" button to house both transaction type and entity filters.

3. Expanding the filtering functionality by enabling multiple filters. 

4. New overall design.

You can see the comparison between the previous and new Transaction History design and options displayed in the screenshots below. We welcome your feedback and suggestions on these changes.

Previous Experience

Old TH1.png

New Experience

TH2.png

TH3.png

Using Multiple Filters

TH4.png

34 Comments
pemanchola
Community Member

I just took a look at the Transaction History report, and it has changed. Previously, there was a summary at the bottom of the report of the activity for the given time period, per image I have uploaded. I suppose I would have to download a csv or something to get such information now. Any chance that the summary could be restored?

summary-2018.png

P.S. I didn't receive any communication about these report changes via e-mail, was a message sent to freelancers and agencies?

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for the question, I'll check the summary information you're referring to with our team and follow up with an update as soon as possible.

Regarding the most recent Reports update announced here, I checked and see you are yet to be moved to the new consolidated Reports.

k_nadel
Community Member

Hey guys! Is it just me or has the segment with the "total credits", "total debits", etc. been removed from the Transaction history? It used to show up at the bottom right and I found it really useful to quickly check earnings/expenses in a given timeframe.

If indeed it has been removed, just expressing my vote in favor of having it back!

lysis10
Community Member

Kevin C. N wrote:

Hey guys! Is it just me or has the segment with the "total credits", "total debits", etc. been removed from the Transaction history? It used to show up at the bottom right and I found it really useful to quickly check earnings/expenses in a given timeframe.

If indeed it has been removed, just expressing my vote in favor of having it back!

Dang dude you are right. WT?????????????????????????  This was the only way to get a quick total of your date range. Who on earth decided this was a good idea?

I FEEL RAGE RIGHT NOW

colettelewis
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Kevin C. N wrote:

Dang dude you are right. WT?????????????????????????  This was the only way to get a quick total of your date range. Who on earth decided this was a good idea?

I FEEL RAGE RIGHT NOW

SO DO I!! 

What on earth is upwork doing? I hope this is a glitch. Why, why, why change something that actually worked? 

ETA: Could a mod just explain the daft mentality behind this change? Why does one now have to click on multiple pages for details, when before it was all on one page?  

OK I have just seen the announcements and I should have read that thread more carefully. Whatever  - the new system sucks and I can't even see the latest (small) contract I had. 

colettelewis
Community Member

It's a mess. Something that was mega easy to follow now a complicated mass of different pages. Way to go Upwork. 

k_nadel
Community Member

Terrible, I was happy with the old system (which if you ask me was easy and much more simple than this new one)

And NO, "Your other reports will NOT stay the same", as has been pointed out the handy stats at the bottom of the Transaction History page are now gone, and those were some of the only stats I actually checked every now and then! Why change somethimg that works? Why would you remove informatiom that was handy and easy and quick to access? 

lysis10
Community Member
Can we get totals back on the transaction report? That’s the only report where I can see monthly income and quickly know how much I’ve made for the year. I need it for taxes and it was very easy to get an overview of monthly totals.

I don’t know why you would remove that info from that report.
lysis10
Community Member
Thank you nichola for pointing that out. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
m_terrazas
Community Member

Just a couple of things:
- Why don't you report these things in another place or in a way other than "Announcement"?
You could put a HUGE RED POINT BLINKING somewhere to know that you have to go to "Announcement" because you have decided to change something.
- Why did you decide to break something that worked?