🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Update to Transaction History Reports
Page options

New Update to Transaction History Reports

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi all,

This week we updated the Transaction History page for freelancers, agencies and clients. The new page includes more filtering options to provide a clearer view of your transactions and is also now mobile optimized so you can readily view your transactions from your mobile device.

The main changes have been highlighted below:

1. Total summary segment is now available under the "Balance amount" modal and it appears in the form of a pop-up after selecting the balance amount link.

2. Creating a new "Filters" button to house both transaction type and entity filters.

3. Expanding the filtering functionality by enabling multiple filters. 

4. New overall design.

You can see the comparison between the previous and new Transaction History design and options displayed in the screenshots below. We welcome your feedback and suggestions on these changes.

Previous Experience

Old TH1.png

New Experience

TH2.png

TH3.png

Using Multiple Filters

TH4.png

34 Comments
colettelewis
Community Member

Did you have to roll this inefficient, unstreamlined process out at a time when we are all (globally) wondering what is going to happen in the future? 

k_nadel
Community Member

It really makes you wonder whether these guys actually consult with their users before making changes like these: Out of the many (many!) reports available that summary was the one I most often checked for a quick glimpse at how things are going, and by the looks of this thread it seems I wasn't the only one. I just can't understand who would decide to remove a feature like this without checking what the users think of it.

k_nadel
Community Member

Just in case someone else wants to express their opinion, conversation continues here

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Updating-Agency-amp-Freelancer-Reports/m-p/718782#M393...

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, Jennifer, Nichola, Maria, 

All credits/debits as well as other transaction types are still available and have been moved under the Filters tab, please see the screenshot below. The same is true for the "Clients" drop-down menu. I've asked for an update regarding the total summary info and will update the thread once we receive more information.

Transaction History.png

To clarify, note that this announcement is related to consolidating different reports into one new report but as mentioned in the post, Overview, Earnings by Client, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings aren't included in this update. The changes you're seeing on the Transaction History page are unrelated to this Reports update, which we haven't rolled out yet. We'll share your feedback regarding the total section with our team but do note that all the other info is still available on the Transaction History page. Thanks for sharing your feedback and apologies for the confusion the recent update of this page has created.

colettelewis
Community Member

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Kevin, Jennifer, Nichola, Maria, 

All credits/debits as well as other transaction types are still available and have been moved under the Filters tab, please see the screenshot below. The same is true for the "Clients" drop-down menu. I've asked for an update regarding the total summary info and will update the thread once we receive more information.

Transaction History.png

To clarify, note that this announcement is related to consolidating different reports into one new report but as mentioned in the post, Overview, Earnings by Client, Lifetime Billings by Client, Connects History, Transaction History and Certificate of Earnings aren't included in this update. The changes you're seeing on the Transaction History page are unrelated to this Reports update, which we haven't rolled out yet. We'll share your feedback regarding the total section with our team but do note that all the other info is still available on the Transaction History page. Thanks for sharing your feedback and apologies for the confusion the recent update of this page has created.

Just don't call it "streamlined" - because it isn't. Instead of seeing everything on one page, we now have to jump around to different pages. Please - try not to "roll out" anything else before we have all got over this present crisis. Perhaps you haven't realized Upwork, that when all this is over, nothing is going to be the same again - we are all going to suffer a global recession, so please do NOT muddy waters that already are threatening to dry out. 

k_nadel
Community Member

I already knew we can filter for All Credits and All Debits, not at all what I was asking about so I will try again:

1. There used to be a summary at the bottom of the Transaction History page.
2. It worked.
3. It was handy, quick and easy to access.
4. You removed the summary (!?)

5. Can we please have it back?

Thank you! 🙂

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi all,

As a follow-up, please note that the total summary segment is still available on the Transaction History page and can be accessed in the form of a pop-up by clicking the "Balance" link.

Balance.png

We apologize for not communicating these changes in advance and can assure you that all the information and options you had access to previously are still available in the new design. As part of the update, Transaction History now includes advanced filtering and you can further refine your transaction data by applying multiple filters at the same time when filtering by transaction type and entity (Freelancer, Client, Agency).

We value your feedback and while we already shared your initial sentiment with the team, we are looking forward to hearing about your experience with the modernized functionality and new design of the Transaction History report.

colettelewis
Community Member

That does not at all address what Kevin is talking about. And I agree with him. Vlad please do not pretend you do not know what we are talking about. 

lenaellis
Community Member

Hi Nichola and Kevin, 

Are you referring to the statement period summary? If so, that is now shown as a pop-up when clicking on "Balance" at the top. You can see this in the screenshots Vladimir shared on his initial post.  If you're referring to something else, please let me know so we can find more information for you. 

-Lena

k_nadel
Community Member

Is it me or did you also merge some threads here and thus make this whole conversation make no sense at all?