🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Requested design updates to the Upwork Deskto...
Page options

Requested design updates to the Upwork Desktop App

lenaellis
Community Member

We’ve made several improvements to the Upwork Desktop app to help you stay organized and provide more insight into the Time Tracker’s processes by displaying more notifications about what the app is doing on the backend. Let us know if you have any questions on the updates below.

Time Tracker Layout and Settings-

• “Time today” - shows billable time tracked in your local time zone, not in UTC. However, “Time this week” still shows the weekly billable time in UTC because our weekly billing is calculated in the UTC time zone.
  • There is a connection status above the ON/OFF toggle informing you if the Time Tracker is online or offline.
  • We removed the elapsed timer which increased each minute, and replaced it with a timer which increases in 10 minute intervals after a screen capture is taken and the time is registered as billable.

TImetracker2.png

• At top of the time tracker, we are now showing the contract name, contact person and client company.
  • Because your time tracked is now showing in your local time on the main page, when a new billing week is approaching (in UTC) and after a new billing week has started, we are showing a notification to avoid confusion.

TImetracker3.png

Improvements in offline tracking:

• If the app loses connection with the server, the app will now display a notification on the screen until you dismiss it or until the connection is back.

Timetracker4.png

Timetracker5.png

• When you’re approaching the caching limit, you will see a notification.

Timetracker7.png

• And once the app is back online, we show a notification and start uploading the cached screen captures.

Timetracker8.png

111 Comments
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Sorry about that, Will.

We confirmed with the team that we’re rolling out the changes slowly, and you should get the automatic update next week.

mrnolan
Community Member

It looks like my app updated earlier this week, but has now reverted to the previous problematic 10 minute increment display.

wadhahb
Community Member

What about the last update: Version 5.1.0.629 (FE1841 ). It just asked me about to do an update but I have no idea where to see the change log. Adding the app's change log in the about section would be pretty nice.  

mrnolan
Community Member

Tried to install.  The installation failed with an error and the app is no longer available.

dreamingfilms
Community Member

The thing with the new update is that it no longer has the pop up window for the screen capture it just took. It only has the sound. With the pop up we could choose wether we would keep that screen capture and we could also delete it.

Is that something that is missing only to me or is it a new thing?

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for reporting. I'm regularly using the app and while I can confirm the screenshot is included in the pop-up window on my end, please do let me know if you're not seeing it on your end so we can investigate. Please also provide a screenshot if you manage to take it once the pop-up window appears.

dreamingfilms
Community Member

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your reply.

Yes I can confirm that I'm not seeing the pop ups, I can only see the Last screen capture screen on the app once the screen capture has been taken.

I'm whilling to help investigating.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks for following-up Flavio and providing additional insight, we'll reach out to you directly in order to investigate further.

qu1cksi1ver
Community Member

The app updated for me yesterday afternoon while I was working. I work on a Microsoft Surface Pro. When I run the app to log work the screens im working on start to flicker.

ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it happened again the minute I launched the app.is it the version? The app may be making the laptop overheat.

any ideas?

Dawn M. 

NikolaS

Hi Dawn,

I checked and could see that one of our team members already followed up on your support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. You can access your tickets on this page.