🐈
» Support » Resources » Product Release Notes » New Upwork Android App Available Now
Page options

New Upwork Android App Available Now

lenaellis
Community Member

A new version of Upwork's Android app is now available in the Google Play store under the name “Upwork for Freelancers”. Just like the iOS app, our new Android app allows freelancers to access nearly all of Upwork.com while on the go. Freelancers will be able to do things like: 

• Review and accept jobs or proposals
  • Communicate through Upwork Messages
  • Share files
  • Search for jobs
  • View projects
  • Manage contracts
  • Get paid

The new Android app “Upwork for Freelancers” is for freelancers and agencies only. The current Upwork Android app called "Upwork," has not been updated but is still available to download. If you use a client account to hire on Upwork, then we ask that you keep the current app.

If you only use Upwork as a freelancer, you can download the new "Upwork for Freelancers" app and delete the old app.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

47 Comments
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

I'm unable to find this on Play Store. Play store showing "Item not found". Can you tell me how can I fix this?

jacquelinepak
Community Member

Hi Syed,

Can you please check your Android OS version? The new Android app requires  Android 6 or newer. 

- Jackie 

hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

Hi Jacqueline,
My android version is 5.1.1. 😞 I'll try to update my android version.

zerrorr
Community Member

The app looks nice, though I have a request. Can you please keep our saved searches somewhere handy. While you have improved your recommended jobs engine, I still find better results for me via search.

Slaven

PS. Unrelated to this particular post, can you add an autosaved feature while writing a proposal. It is annoying when, after 20 minutes of writing, I accidentally click on the side of the proposal window, and it all vanishes.

zerrorr
Community Member

Nevermind, found it under the My feed dropdown. Intuitively, I would have it under search, but this works as well.

creativedigit
Community Member

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Wassim,

I merged your post to this thread to keep all feedback in the same place and will be sharing it with the team.

Thanks!

forhadhasan1325
Community Member

This is not working in my Oppo F1 Plus. Why this is happening?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Md. Forhad,

Please, let us know what version of Android do you have on your phone. Thanks!

forhadhasan1325
Community Member

I am using Android 5.1 on my phone. It shows "This app is incompatible with your device."