🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Upwork Android App Available Now
Page options

New Upwork Android App Available Now

lenaellis
Community Member

A new version of Upwork's Android app is now available in the Google Play store under the name “Upwork for Freelancers”. Just like the iOS app, our new Android app allows freelancers to access nearly all of Upwork.com while on the go. Freelancers will be able to do things like: 

• Review and accept jobs or proposals
  • Communicate through Upwork Messages
  • Share files
  • Search for jobs
  • View projects
  • Manage contracts
  • Get paid

The new Android app “Upwork for Freelancers” is for freelancers and agencies only. The current Upwork Android app called "Upwork," has not been updated but is still available to download. If you use a client account to hire on Upwork, then we ask that you keep the current app.

If you only use Upwork as a freelancer, you can download the new "Upwork for Freelancers" app and delete the old app.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

47 Comments
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member
Hi,
New Upwork app requires Android 6.0 or newer.
forhadhasan1325
Community Member

But I see it runs on 5.0 too another android mobile but not running on my Oppo f1 Plus Smiley Sad

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Md. Forhad,

I can confirm the information Syed shared, the Upwork for Freelancers Android app requires an Android 6+ device.

nkalog
Community Member

The new application is nice and includes many features which were missing from the previous app. However it is too heavy and too slow therefore for the time being I will stick with the old app, at least for browsing potential jobs. Hope the new app will be improved with the next updates and will become faster....... Fyg, I have tried it on Huawei P9 Lite with 3 gb RAM and Anrdroid 7.

jamshed_206
Community Member

I have been waiting for this great app since long time. However, I can see that app is so slow and it takes much time like its just opening the URLs in browser.

Please improve the speed of the app.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ever helpful, Upwork notified me when I opened the Upwork app on my Samsung phone today that "You're using an outdated app." So I had two choices: "Download Now" or "Maybe Later."

Never putting off for tomorrow what I can do today, I downloaded now. What I got was a much more robust app that provides more information and allows me to do more from my phone than was previously case. Well done, Upwork!

Unfortunately, what I also got was an app that tells me, every time I invoke it, that the version I am using is outdated and I have the same two choices. Even shutting down the phone and restarting doesn't convince this new version that it actually is the newest version.

C'mon, Upwork. You were thiiiiiiiiiiiis close.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Will,

We're sorry if this has been an inconvenience. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you. Let me know if there's anything else.

m_sharman
Community Member

Will L wrote:

Ever helpful, Upwork notified me when I opened the Upwork app on my Samsung phone today that "You're using an outdated app." So I had two choices: "Download Now" or "Maybe Later."

Never putting off for tomorrow what I can do today, I downloaded now. What I got was a much more robust app that provides more information and allows me to do more from my phone than was previously case. Well done, Upwork!

Unfortunately, what I also got was an app that tells me, every time I invoke it, that the version I am using is outdated and I have the same two choices. Even shutting down the phone and restarting doesn't convince this new version that it actually is the newest version.

C'mon, Upwork. You were thiiiiiiiiiiiis close.

Will, I had to actually delete the old version - my phone had both versions. The new version is amazing!

pranaysahith
Community Member

I am using Oneplus one mobile with android 8.1.0. Yet when I go to Playstore to download the app, I get item not found error.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Riri.

Thank you for your follow-up.

I will hold off doing anything with the installed app until someone from Upwork comes back to me.