Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Android App Available Now

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
21 of 43

Will L wrote:

Ever helpful, Upwork notified me when I opened the Upwork app on my Samsung phone today that "You're using an outdated app." So I had two choices: "Download Now" or "Maybe Later."

Never putting off for tomorrow what I can do today, I downloaded now. What I got was a much more robust app that provides more information and allows me to do more from my phone than was previously case. Well done, Upwork!

Unfortunately, what I also got was an app that tells me, every time I invoke it, that the version I am using is outdated and I have the same two choices. Even shutting down the phone and restarting doesn't convince this new version that it actually is the newest version.

C'mon, Upwork. You were thiiiiiiiiiiiis close.

Will, I had to actually delete the old version - my phone had both versions. The new version is amazing!

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
22 of 43

Hi, Miriam.

If no one from Upwork can resolve this issue, I will try your fix.

Thanks.

Pranay B Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
23 of 43

I am using Oneplus one mobile with android 8.1.0. Yet when I go to Playstore to download the app, I get item not found error.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
24 of 43

Hi Pranay,

Thank you for reaching out. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Pranay B Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
25 of 43

Hi Aleksandar,

Its been more than 6 months. Did you get the response from your team?

Thanks,

Pranay

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
26 of 43

Hi Pranay,

Could you please check and let us know if you are able to locate the Android App by opening this link?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Usama N Member Since: Mar 9, 2019
27 of 43

There are issues in new app. This was very good idea to add more functionality but really not successful yet.

1: I can't send or see messages in new app (message window blinks continously)

2: New app is just like web page and its so slow in mobile internet rather than prevoius app. So, I always do not prefer to open new app. Old app was have limited optons but was fast.

3. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
28 of 43

Hi Osama,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
Michaela P Member Since: Oct 24, 2018
29 of 43

Hello,

I don't exactly know where to leave this kind of feedback so I am posting it here. The new mobile app isn't compatible with my phone so I couldn't use it (my phone is Huwawei Y6 Pro). I would just like to suggest to the upwork app developers to look into making it compatible to more devices. I would love to be able to access all the new features; I feel like I am missing out on a lot! Hope this post reaches the right people. Thank you very much!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
30 of 43

Hi Michaela, 

The new android app requires an Android 6 or higher operating system. Could you please confirm if your phone's OS version so that I can look into this further for you? 

-Avery
Untitled