cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Android App Available Now

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
31 of 41

Thanks for following up Michaela and providing additional info. We don't have plans for making the app compatible with older versions and as Avery mentioned, the Upwork for Freelancers Android app requires an Android 6+ device.

Ace Contributor
Jeffrey C Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
32 of 41

WIth the old app I would sometimes receive notifications of messages or interview requests, and sometimes I wouldn't.  When I saw there was a new app, I thought great!  There is only one thing that I expected to be better without a doubt - notifications.  Alas, I do not receive any notifications. So I manually have to check multiple times per day.  For an app that relies on communication with each other, you would think that alerts would be a part of the app.  And not just the choice to turn on all alerts or none, rather the choice to turn on one for messages, one for proposal requests, one for interview requests.

Derek H Member Since: Nov 17, 2017
33 of 41

EDITED: I initially wrote about lack of mobile resolution support in the browser, but it seems to have been implemented recently.

For those of you on 5.x Android, use the website instead. It offers mobile resolution now instead of "desktop mode" resolution Smiley Happy

Excellent work! Thank you!

Ace Contributor
Vijayvithal J Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
34 of 41

I received the request to upgrade on my existing app, and installed the new version. A few minutes after logging in I received an email An unknown device or browser has been used to access your account, The location specified in the email was unknown to me and I went through the password reset + uninstall new app process.

It was a scary experience...

Manbeena B Member Since: May 30, 2019
35 of 41
Hi,
I'm using Android 8.1.0. New app doesn't show message notification unless I open the app. I have checked and updated all my settings.
Whereas older version of app works perfectly.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
36 of 41

Hi Manbeena,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please locate your device on the list Lena shared here and follow the outlined steps to manually enable the auto-launch feature for background services, and let us know if that resolves the problem?

Ace Contributor
Nicholas K Member Since: May 11, 2016
37 of 41
Unfortunately the new app is really slow and heavy. Scrolling is very bad and it takes time to load pages. Huge improvement is required and hope to see same in one of next updates....
Muhammad J Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
38 of 41

New update received but its still the same. Its very slow to load the things.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
39 of 41

Hi Nicholas, and Muhammad, 

Could you please share your phone's OS so that I can share these with the team, and they can look into it? 

-Avery
Untitled
Muhammad J Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
40 of 41

I am using Infinix X5515F (Android 9) with XOS v4.5.0 (P-P28-181026)

Regards

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS