cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Android App Available Now

Md. Forhad H Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
11 of 41

I am using Android 5.1 on my phone. It shows "This app is incompatible with your device."

Wordpress Addicted.
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
12 of 41
Hi,
New Upwork app requires Android 6.0 or newer.
Md. Forhad H Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
13 of 41

But I see it runs on 5.0 too another android mobile but not running on my Oppo f1 Plus Smiley Sad

Wordpress Addicted.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 41

Hi Md. Forhad,

I can confirm the information Syed shared, the Upwork for Freelancers Android app requires an Android 6+ device.

Ace Contributor
Nicholas K Member Since: May 11, 2016
15 of 41

The new application is nice and includes many features which were missing from the previous app. However it is too heavy and too slow therefore for the time being I will stick with the old app, at least for browsing potential jobs. Hope the new app will be improved with the next updates and will become faster....... Fyg, I have tried it on Huawei P9 Lite with 3 gb RAM and Anrdroid 7.

Muhammad J Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
16 of 41

I have been waiting for this great app since long time. However, I can see that app is so slow and it takes much time like its just opening the URLs in browser.

Please improve the speed of the app.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
17 of 41

Ever helpful, Upwork notified me when I opened the Upwork app on my Samsung phone today that "You're using an outdated app." So I had two choices: "Download Now" or "Maybe Later."

Never putting off for tomorrow what I can do today, I downloaded now. What I got was a much more robust app that provides more information and allows me to do more from my phone than was previously case. Well done, Upwork!

Unfortunately, what I also got was an app that tells me, every time I invoke it, that the version I am using is outdated and I have the same two choices. Even shutting down the phone and restarting doesn't convince this new version that it actually is the newest version.

C'mon, Upwork. You were thiiiiiiiiiiiis close.

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
18 of 41

Hi Will,

We're sorry if this has been an inconvenience. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you. Let me know if there's anything else.

~ Riri
Community Guru
19 of 41

Hi, Riri.

Thank you for your follow-up.

I will hold off doing anything with the installed app until someone from Upwork comes back to me. 

Community Guru
20 of 41

Hi, Riri.

A couple of days ago I deleted the version of the Upwork app on my phone and replaced it with the version recommended to me by your colleague Sandy.

Everything seems to be working fine now. I really like the upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Will