Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Upwork Skill Certifications

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
41 of 134

Hi Kamrul,

I am sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to share all the details about the test in order to protect its integrity. However, we have a lot of information about the certification and testing process for various categories in this help article. Once invited, this certification is free of charge.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michael K Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
42 of 134

A skill assessment certification that is offered to a select few by invitation?  This makes absolutely no sense. So UpWork decides who get to have the advantage? 

That is not any equal opportunity. Why is this not available to all Freelancers? 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
43 of 134

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Skill Certification is a new program and it is only available by invite at the moment. While currently we have 10 skill certifications in the Web  & Mobile Software Development and 16 in Design & Creative categories, we hope to expand skill certifications to other categories in the future. New freelancers can also be invited to apply for the skills certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future,  we suggest freelancers achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Tamim A Member Since: Sep 6, 2020
44 of 134

is this only php backend or frameworks also included ...?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
45 of 134

Hi Tamim,

Thanks for asking. I can confirm the test is PHP Back-end-related only. We're working to update the Help article to make this clear.

Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
46 of 134

<removed>

Highlighted
Nitin J Member Since: Sep 12, 2020
47 of 134

Hey,

Can you help me by telling how can i apply for a test .

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
48 of 134

Hi Nitin,

At this time you cannot request to be invited. For the best chance of being invited in the future,  we suggest freelancers achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Arsalan A Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
49 of 134

Hello Upwork! Nice to see the new update in the panel for certification process..

I have keen interest to get the certification in my profile for clients. I have experienced on upwork. Please review my profile, Do I able to get this certificate in Design & Creative catagory? If not, Please Give me some sugesstions to make my profile more up-to-date. "I am sure to make my best effort to make it better for clients."

Thanks 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
50 of 134

Hi Arsalan,

Please check the information I shared with you in response to your recent post on this thread and review the program details shared in the opening post and subsequent responses by our team. Feel free to follow up afterwards if you have any questions and we'll be more than happy to offer further advice or assistance.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS