cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Skill Certifications

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
171 of 240

Hi Alex,

We currently have 10 skill certifications in the Web  & Mobile Software Development and 16 in Design & Creative categories. We hope to expand skill certifications to other categories in the future. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Jeremie L Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
172 of 240

Hi everyone !

I received an invitation from Upwork to try to get a certification in Graphic Design.
You are asked to have at least 4 examples of recent work in your portfolio. So I updated my portfolio with the latest work I did.
The problem is that these latter projects are "under review".
My question is: if I apply for certification, will my "under review" projects from my portfolio be taken into account or not by the experts? Or do I have to wait until they have been revised?

Thanks for your help

Jérémie

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
173 of 240

Hi Jeremie,

As a bit of a background, when a portfolio sample is linked to a contract the client gets notified and has three days to take action. If they don’t reject it within that time-frame, the sample will be displayed in your Portfolio and linked to the contract publicly. Having this in mind, you can consider waiting a bit more in order to ensure your best work is available in your Portfolio and gets reviewed by our team.

Jeremie L Member Since: Aug 2, 2020
174 of 240

Thank you very much Vladimir, it's very clear Smiley Happy

I will wait a few days so.

Thanks !

Sabri G Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
175 of 240

I've earned an Upwork Skill Certification today. Thank you. Smiley Very Happy
I hope it helps to get new jobs.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
176 of 240

Congrats, Sabri! Keep up the great work.

Ashneal P Member Since: Mar 12, 2020
177 of 240
Hello!

I’ve been on Upwork for a few months, and despite the occasional issue here and there, it’s been going well.

That being said, I have an issue. I was invited to take a Talent Assessment in my field. I took it last month and was told to wait until my results were verified by CodeSignal to proceed to my Skill-specific Assessment in Python. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had my result verified, but no link to the second test by Upwork. I’m wondering if anyone in a similar position got the matter resolved?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
178 of 240

Hi Ashneal,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have a support ticket with our team about this concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Robert B Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
179 of 240

Hello Smiley Embarassed

I received an invitation to do the certification test and it is from JAVA, a language that does not appear even in my skills, anyway. Smiley Indifferent

my knowledge is in React Native and Flutter, for mobile development, but they are not in the certificates yet, I hope they are later. 

I also have knowledge in UI / UX, and although it is in my profile I have not received any invitation yet. I would like to know if it will arrive at some point since my work in Upwork is UI/UX design. Smiley Very Happy

I feel that there is a lot of exclusion in knowledge and that discriminates a lot between the professions and the professionals who work here. also, the tests are in English only, what happens with people who post jobs in German, Spanish, or others? your language does not matter ?. they should have worked better including all the possible tests so as not to discriminate or exclude. Smiley Indifferent

marketing, social media, even you who are community manager, are many professions excluded for now, that disqualifies them for jobs as clients will seek verification. Smiley Sad

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
180 of 240

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Robert. 

We hope to add skill certifications for more skills and categories in the future. This is still a fairly new feature that we're working on improving and expanding. We'll also share your feedback and experience about receiving an invite for a different skill with the team.

Could you also send me a PM with a screenshot of the email you're referring to so we could double check?

~ Bojan
Untitled