Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Skill Certifications

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
11 of 137
Hi Denis.

Thanks for flagging this. That is my mistake and I’ll make sure this is updated. I am not a developer and rest assured, I am not giving the assessments. The Skill Certifications are handled by experts in that field.
Untitled
Highlighted
Denys S Member Since: Aug 4, 2017
12 of 137

I have a question.
Do I need to confirm my knowledge to pass certification and get a badge as an "illustrator"? Anatomy? Color matching? Paper weight?
Do you understand that creativity is subjective?)))

Highlighted
Dejan S Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
13 of 137

Hi Lena,

Thank you for the nice wrap up of the new talent badges! I am excited about this and am hoping that we will soon be able to undergo Upwork certificatons for C# as well.

Best regards,

Dejan

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Arsalan A Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
14 of 137

How do I get Creative & Desing Certificate?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michael K Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
15 of 137
Regarding my certifications listed on Upwork they are from LinkedIn
Learning.
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 137

Hi Arsalan,

Thanks for your question. At this time you cannot request to be invited. For the best chance of being invited in the future,  we suggest freelancers achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

Highlighted
Benjamin P Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
17 of 137

Did anyone get an email like this from Upwork? 

They emailed me about a week ago and invited me to take a skills test to get a badge. It said please let us know if you are interested, which I did. And now apparently that invitation is being revoked.

Why?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
18 of 137

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. The email you received was to inform you of our new Skill Certifications program. We are inviting freelancers to share if they’re interested in completing one of the assessments we have available. You can find more information about the certification program and process in this Help article. If there isn’t an assessment that relates to your skill then we don’t have a certification that would be suitable for you at this time. We'll follow up in the Community with an update as we continue to assess and expand the program.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Benjamin P Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
19 of 137

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your providing a link to the Help article. Looking at it, I do have a number of skills that are included on this list and that I would be happy to be tested on. These include: JavaScript Front-end Development, Brand Identity, Graphic Design, User Experience Design and User Interface Design. 

I do not understand the part of the email I received that said the email was sent to me by mistake because there are multiple certifications you are currently offering for which I have relevant skills. No one reached out to me to follow up on what skill I might want to be tested for. I believe the revocation of my invitation was in error.

Thank you,

Ben

Highlighted
Iryna D Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
20 of 137

Hello! I received an invitation for certification, it got lost in the mail. I found out about this when a letter came from Upwork today, stating that I shouldn't have gone through it. How can I get another invitation? I think any tests are a good opportunity to show my skills and I would gladly do it. I'm sorry that I missed the invitation letter.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS