Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Skill Certifications

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
21 of 137

Hi Iryna,

Thanks for your question. At this time you cannot request to be invited. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest freelancers achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Iryna D Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
22 of 137

Hi Nikola S ,  sorry to hear that. If I didn’t respond to the invitation, does it mean that I have lost my chance?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 137

Hi Iryna, James and Benjamin,

Congrats on receiving the initial email! This means that you possess the skills that we're looking for in your category for our skills certifications. I know that we received a lot of responses already so it will take the team some time to go through them. I want to clarify that, in Benjamin's case, when clicking the link and selecting the certification you were interested in being invited to, this was to reflect your interest in receiving an invite and does not guarantee you will receive an invite. The next step is for the team to review your profile and experience and if deemed appropriate you will be sent the invite to complete the certification. 

Iryna,

Not at all! We don't have a timeframe for opening up the program to new requests at the moment. We'll follow up in the Community with an update as we continue to assess and expand the program. If you are invited to future assessments you will be notified via email. Thank you.

Highlighted
Benjamin P Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
24 of 137

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for following up. I appreciate the clarification.

Take care,

Ben

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pety Ialimijoro R Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
25 of 137
Hello people,

Last week I got an email telling me to pass the General Coding Assessment test.

Due to a personal reason, I am wondering if I can take this test later on? I mean after the 2 weeks from the time I got the email.

Thanks for your response
Highlighted
James P Member Since: Sep 12, 2017
26 of 137
Hi Lena,

This is a welcome development. I received an invite last week or so, but I've been made to understand it's an error. I'm primarily a writer on Upwork, but I've taken advantage of specialized profile to offer my graphic design skill. I have my portfolio session filled. I've gotten a few jobs there. Do I get a chance of being invited, or it's for those who are mainly into these creative niches?
Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
27 of 137

Hi James,

Please note that Upwork Skill Certifications indicate proficiency in one or more skills on your Upwork profile. Currently, these certifications are only available for certain skills in Web & Mobile Software Development and Design & Creative fields. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
James P Member Since: Sep 12, 2017
28 of 137
Hi Nikolas,

Thanks for your response. However, my question is, will a freelancer who is active in two categories (writing and graphic design) be considered for invitation, since graphic design is one of the qualified skills at this time. I don't want to presume. I'm a writer, but I also have a specialized profile in graphic design category. I hope my question is clearer now.
Highlighted
Stella W Member Since: Mar 16, 2020
29 of 137

Hi,

Thanks for the information on certification, I am new in upwork.

Can I have more than one skill cerifications?.

Whyte

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
30 of 137

Hi Stella,

We agree and do understand that some freelancers will be eligible to have more than one skill certification as we continue to expand the program further. At the moment, freelancers who received and accepted the invitation will receive one free assessment. We'll keep the Community posted as we develop this program further!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS