cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Weekly Retainer Payment Option

Highlighted
Ralfh Bryan P Member Since: Aug 21, 2017
41 of 52
I recently had a client who puts me to weekly retainer. The he ended the contract in the middle of the week because I didn’t meet the their requirements. Would I still get paid for the days that I worked?
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
42 of 52

Hi Ralfh,

I checked and see the payment for last week is displayed under Pending and will become available once it clears the standard security period on the date displayed next to the payment details. Since the contract was closed this week, you should also get paid for the first part of the week once the client is charged next Monday.

Highlighted
43 of 52
Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your response. Do upwork allow client not to pay for the worked days? If not, how do I make sure that will get paid?
Highlighted
44 of 52

Hi Ralfh,

While clients are charged automatically on Monday on weekly retainer contracts I'd like to clarify that Upwork Payment Protection does not cover these payments. If an issue arises our team will reach out to you with more information and assist you directly.

Highlighted
45 of 52
Hi Vladimir,
I checked my reports this monday and I don’t see the pay from the pending payment. What do I need to do?
Highlighted
46 of 52

Hi Ralfh,

It's still Sunday in some parts of the world Smiley Happy. Your client should be billed in about four to five hours from now (12am-1pm UTC) and the payment should show up on your end afterwards. Please note that payments on these contracts aren't covered by Payment Protection.

Highlighted
47 of 52

Hi Vladimir,

It's been a while now and the client is in Sydney, Australia. What actions I can do for this?

Highlighted
48 of 52

Hi Ralfh,

Thanks for the follow-up. I checked and do see the payment for that contract under Pending, which means it's currently subjected to the standard five-day security period. Please take a look and let me know if you're seeing it on your end (check your Transaction History or go to Reports > Overview > select the Pending tab).

Highlighted
49 of 52
Hi Vladimir,

It’s indeed reflected now. Thank you for taking time with this! More power.
Highlighted
Alison S Member Since: Aug 27, 2020
50 of 52
Does anyone know the ETA for getting the weekly retainer back online? I’ve got two clients wanting to move to this system but apparently it’s been taken down to be fixed.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS