cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Who Viewed for Job Posts and My Profile concept

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 58

We’ve recently launched two new features that we are testing out to provide our customers with more insight into their Upwork activity. 

For freelancers, we are previewing a more granular view of profile views. Some freelancers will see a new  “Who viewed my profile” page when they click on the notification bell alerting a new profile view or click on the link in their notification email. This area will show detailed information about the three most recent clients who have viewed your profile including the category the client hires in, total spend, ratings, hire rate and active/open job postings for that client.

Who Viewed Profile.png

For clients, we are previewing a new “who viewed my job post” page which will display the activity each of their job posts receive along with the 5 most recent freelancers who have viewed their job post.

Who Viewed Job.png

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Carlos L Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
2 of 58

As a client I receive almos each minute a notification like: your job has 50 views. It's disturbing my life, I don't need such useless notification. It make me feel there is something important but there is nothing. help me out please.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 58

Hi Carlos,

I believe you're referring to a new feature we're testing and I merged your post with Lena's announcement. This information provides insight into how freelancers are interacting with your job post. You also are able to invite freelancers directly from the “Who viewed my job”  page and see how many proposals each job got.

If you're referring to emails, you can disable them for this feature in your Notification Settings. If you're referring to the bell notification, then yes, it will light up every time there is a new view on your job post. I've shared your feedback about these notification with the team that's working on improving it. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
4 of 58

Hi Valeria,

1. I'm getting these notifications for a closed job post - not sure if that means the notifications have an issue or if my post is actually somehow still being viewed.

2. Regarding the added info on freelancer profiles - what does "Total saves from recent activity" mean?

Thumbs up for the update on freelancers' side tho!

Cheers,

Ines

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 58

Hi Ines, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. Please know that the team is looking into your first issue, and is working to resolve it. 

For your second question, this is the number of times your profile was saved by clients.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
6 of 58

nice! can't wait for check it out.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 58

I have neither need nor desire for notifications or emails on profile views.

Is there a reason this feature is not available via My Stats?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 58

Echoing Michael's question.  

As stats stand now there is no demarcation nor determination of who viewers are/were.  Ergo, the figure is useless.  Including the info on the stats page would at least make the info useful.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 58

Hi Michael and Wendy,

Thanks for providing your feedback about this feature. We are constantly thinking of new ways how to let our clients and talent improve their performance in real-time. We are testing it now this way but are planning to add it to other pages, possibly My Stats in the future iterations of the test.

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
10 of 58

What does "Total saves from recent activity" mean and are that views from different clients or are returning clients counted twice?