cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Who Viewed for Job Posts and My Profile concept

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 94

Hi Jennifer,

Total Saves refers to how many times your profile has been saved by clients who viewed it. Profile views shown are total profile views so if a clients comes back to view your profile again, it'll be counted as a separate view.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
12 of 94

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Total Saves refers to how many times your profile has been saved by clients who viewed it. Profile views shown are total profile views so if a clients comes back to view your profile again, it'll be counted as a separate view.

"Total Saves" as since I started on Upwork or  "Total saves from recent activity" and how do you define recent activities?

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
13 of 94

Have you noticed this new feature? When you click on notifications you get the message "Your profile has been viewed x number of times this week". Rather freaky.

Then you are shown the profile of some of the clients who are supposed to have viewed yout profile. That part is even freakier as they are profiles of people who don't seem to be looking for my services. Peeping Toms on Upwork?

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
14 of 94

Yes, i noticed this earlier today - though i take the info with a pinch of salt......

So 6 views this week 157% increase over last week?

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 22.09.06.png

But the 'my stats' page says....

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 22.09.20.png

and shows 9 views for this week...

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 22.12.39.png

So something is clearly not quite right!

15 of 94

Hi Jonathan and Luce,

I've merged your posts with this thread where this test has been announced. 

Luce, clients can always search for freelancers with any skill even if they haven’t hired someone with that skill in the past. For example, a client who has historically hired web developers might be considering using Upwork to hire a copywriter and, as a result, review the profiles of those who list copywriting as a skill. 

Jonathan, profile view count on My Stats page shows the number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results. This new feature we are testing will reflect the number of times your profile page was viewed. So they won't be the same necessarily.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
16 of 94

Hi Valeria, it's always a pleasure getting a message from you.

However, I must admit that I really don't care how many people have viewed my profile. If they haven't offered a job, then the information is absolutely useless.

Community Guru
17 of 94

What are we supposed to do with such a feature? Who imagines this type of "addition"? I guess that's paid by the money we pay Upwork...

18 of 94

Thanks for your feedback, Luce. Generally, this information provides insight into the types of jobs posted by the clients who reviewed your profile. You can use this information to help optimize your profile and make sure the right clients are considering you. On top of that, you’ll be able to see the jobs these clients have posted so you can easily review them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
19 of 94

Valeria - 

I haven't seen this yet, but I agree this could be useful (or amusing, or depressing), but I also agree with the folks who said the notification bell is not the right place for this.  We have a stats page. Let's put stats on it. Unless, of course, Upwork is planning on putting notifications on the stats page?

Wes

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 94

Hi Wes, 

We frequently try out new features -- both big and small -- by conducting testing with a small group of users. We will be glad to pass your comments on as we work to determine which potential features our customers like and don’t like. Thanks!

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS